Crysis 3 - Buy or Don't Buy?

Element921

So, I've heard Crysis 3 is pretty good. And I just upgraded my rig, so I figured it'd be a good game to get to test out my new rig's power. But I don't really like linear shooters, and I know Crysis 3 isn't TOO linear, but unless it's either totally open world or gives enough choices and paths to feel like it's open world I'm not interested. What I'm mostly interested in is the multiplayer, but I don't know if anyone still plays the multiplayer or if it's even good. What do you guys think, worth it or no?

Crysis 3 is definitely the game to play if you want to put your rig to the test.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I've played it once and I'm personally not a fan

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

As a game I wouldn't really recommend it, I just use it to show off what my hardware can do

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

So it's not really good as anything but a benchmark? I think I'll hold off on getting it then, while a benchmark would be nice I'd much prefer a game that I could have fun with as well.

It is a good benchmark, but I find it to be quite linear (singleplayer)

The last time I played multiplayer, there were a few full servers, but I noticed everyone was using bows and snipers (which is not necessarily a bad thing, but you are essentially forced to play stealthy, whether you like it or not)

I liked it but I've played all the others. It's better than the second crysis and not near as linear, though it still is. More of a benchmark for you system than anything. I think it's still a decent shooter for what it is. It drew me in and I beat it in a couple days, not many games do that. Though that may have been more due to it's beauty. Definitely worth checking out in my opinion, but maybe not for full retail price.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

I liked it.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Buy for eyegasm. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Most people I meet love the game. I've honestly had a hate relationship with it since the series inception, because its all thats wrong with the gaming industry.

Unrealistic and stupid "powers" that make no sense in a FPS,  and way too much focus on graphics over gameplay.......Ohhh and koreans who speak english with korean accents(in crysis 1.....Damn I HATE THAT) (I am intelligent enough to read a subtitle. If they are non english speaking soldiers in a game, then make them speak their actual language....REALISM thank you very much)    : Edit so it makes more sense:

But im a bitter old man and most people disagree with me

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

The gameplay of Crysis 3 is like good. But for others it's a game solely to put your rig to the test, with all the eye candy and AA.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Great Benchmark, shit boring game after an hour or two...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I think you should buy it if you can find it relatively cheap. It's basically Crysis 2.5 but I really enjoyed it seeing as how I'm a fan of the series.

Look at this though, this will tell you how many people are on multiplayer across various platforms http://crysis3s.com/api

Still learning how to play Dota 2 :)

i personally liked it. Don't get too excited for singleplayer though. It's only pretty that's it. Mulitplayer is pretty fun though

i personally liked it. Don't get too excited for singleplayer though. It's only pretty that's it. Mulitplayer is pretty fun though

Do people still play the multiplayer? I heard it died pretty fast

really? everytime I play I find a nice full game within seconds...

Really Depends where you live.

Australia, match's can be had, but its no where near other games where at ANY point in the day you can find more than 5 full rooms...

Few here and there, many at night, but not as universally recognized as the go-2-game for evening fps.

I liked it when I first joined, but I find it more casual gaming orientated, maybe if I spent a few weeks at it and unlocked more.. who knows.

Straight off the bat however, if it doesnt grab you, it may never.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

So, I've heard Crysis 3 is pretty good. And I just upgraded my rig, so I figured it'd be a good game to get to test out my new rig's power. But I don't really like linear shooters, and I know Crysis 3 isn't TOO linear, but unless it's either totally open world or gives enough choices and paths to feel like it's open world I'm not interested. What I'm mostly interested in is the multiplayer, but I don't know if anyone still plays the multiplayer or if it's even good. What do you guys think, worth it or no?

I really liked the game!  Not nearly as open as Crysis 1, but that was pretty much a sandbox.  It is linear, but every area lets you have a lot of say in weapons, path, strategy, etc. so you can go anywhere from a creeping sniper scouting routes and doing stealth takedowns to rambo in a supersuit.  Never played much online, but I had fun in the games I did (was more a BF3 fan).