Custom built computer keeps turning itself off while I'm trying to set up windows

I just finished building my computer yesterday and am trying to give install windows using a flashdrive. several times now it has decided to crash while I'm going through this process, 2 notable things with these tests. once I was able to get it to start downloading onto my SSD before it crashed and when I turned it back on my SSD had 4 partitions each with some amount of Data left on them. And also after I got fed up with the crashes I fiddled with the wiring just making sure everything was secure (I will get back to that later) I turned it one and just decided to let it sit for a while to see if it would crash again. After an hour of it sitting there and not crashing I decided I would give the instillation another go, but it crashed immediately (didn't even get to the download just to where you choose the version of windows. Back to the wiring like I mentioned before, I noticed 2 things: 1. the 24 pin connector does not seem to be able to get all the way in, as in it won't snap in to place. I can take it out with ease but it just can't go far enough in to snap in to place. I applied a significant amount of force but no dice. The other note worthy thing was on the other end of the same cable it was absolutely stuck in the power supply. As in I could not get it out no matter how hard I tried (yes it's modular). Every other cable in the power supply came out with no trouble but it wouldn't budge. part of me just wants to buy a new power supply and try again but I want to know if there could be any other possible causes or courses of action to get this fixed.

Oh and a few other probably significant things to mention, is that on the top of my case the light that I assume is the battery indicator rapidly flashes between red and blue when I first plug it in. I have ample wattage for my power supply, it's 850. honestly probably overkill for my set up.

Here's a complete list of parts (not including thermal gel or external hardware (other than monitor))

Well if that 24 pin bothers you you could buy an extension for it. 

My 24 pin is also a huge pain in the ass.   

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Maybe try emailing corsair about it. Buying extension won't fix ur problem since u will need to plug into extensions somehow. So either custom wiring or RMA with corsair. I'd try to ask them for a set of new cables/ new 24Pin. 

Before you do that, do a visual inspection, also pluggin it in may require uncomfortable amounts of force. Almost all connectors i had to plug in perpendicular to the board made the board warp. I did not expect that but a bit of give is fine. Overstretching may damage solder joints of some components tho so apply reasonable care.

TL DR it may require significantly more force to plug in that LEGO but that is normal

EDIT: If the plastic latch for securing it does not close it is not in!

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Try booting Linux. Grab Ubuntu, stick it on the USB and boot it, use it for an hour and see what happens.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)