Is Synergy vs Logitech flow (mx master 3)

sharknado34

So I am currently in the process of getting a new mouse (probably going to get mx master 3), but anyways I discovered that the mx master 3 and a few other logitech peripherals allow for connection of peripherals between multiple computers. How does synergy compare to logitech flow for those who use either? I would prefer to use my peripherals that I already have for my gaming pc to switch between my laptop and desktop, do you guys who have experience with it recommend it? If Synergy works well enough I may just tough out using my current meh mouse for my laptop when I am not by my desktop. Logitech seems to boast all the features that Synergy does. I do a lot of coding and often need to transfer files between one computer to another so having an application like this would be amazing. 

• 1 month later...

Okay sorry for the super late reply. I hope this isn't against the rules (haven't been on in a long time). 

#1 I happened to find your post because I was looking for outside opinions myself.

#2 I do have Logitech flow on the MX Master 2s with the K780. I also used Synergy with a G502 and a Mechanical Keyboard with Blue Switches.

#3 I also happen to code on a Mac and PC. 

In the past Synergy has been very temperamental and eventually I just decided to stop using it all together. It's been about 1.5 years now since I've used synergy. Other people report that their experience with Synergy 2 has been stable but I could never get it to work reliability for me. Logitech flow on the other hand pretty much always worked painlessly. The latency, for me anyway, is also much better on Flow. Copying over files on either depends on the size. Sometimes I get hangups if the files are quite large (>500MB). Otherwise, things tend to copy over quite well. 

Other Notes:

I also use the K780 specifically because it can hold both my iPhone and iPad Pro easily. The easy switch also allows me to switch between those devices and then quickly switch back to the PC/Mac Flow connection. 

Some Pic from CNET for illustration of the K780's uses.

Spoiler

Image result for k780

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2019 at 2:29 AM, Laforet said:

Okay sorry for the super late reply. I hope this isn't against the rules (haven't been on in a long time). 

#1 I happened to find your post because I was looking for outside opinions myself.

#2 I do have Logitech flow on the MX Master 2s with the K780. I also used Synergy with a G502 and a Mechanical Keyboard with Blue Switches.

#3 I also happen to code on a Mac and PC. 

In the past Synergy has been very temperamental and eventually I just decided to stop using it all together. It's been about 1.5 years now since I've used synergy. Other people report that their experience with Synergy 2 has been stable but I could never get it to work reliability for me. Logitech flow on the other hand pretty much always worked painlessly. The latency, for me anyway, is also much better on Flow. Copying over files on either depends on the size. Sometimes I get hangups if the files are quite large (>500MB). Otherwise, things tend to copy over quite well. 

Other Notes:

I also use the K780 specifically because it can hold both my iPhone and iPad Pro easily. The easy switch also allows me to switch between those devices and then quickly switch back to the PC/Mac Flow connection. 

Some Pic from CNET for illustration of the K780's uses.

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for k780

I ended up picking up the mx master 3, and man it is great. I didn't pick up synergy and no regrets, my experience has been pretty decent.