24GB of ram, good or bad?

I have a Crucial 8GB Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400MHz and wanted to upgrade. Initially I was thinking of buying another 2x8GB but I found a Crucial 16GB Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400MHz cheaper. A friend of mine told me it was fine mixing my 8GB with the 16GB as long as they had the same frequency and maker (company), another told me to not mix them because of the diferent sizes. I didnt want to get rid off the 8GB if i bought the 16GB and wanted to have more than 16GB so it can last longer per say. So, is it bad to mix ram's from with diferent sizes?

is all good as long as it is in matched pairs.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

As long as the sticks are the same brand and of similar timings you should be fine. There are a few other factors such as motherboard socket, but as long as the above are correct you hopefully shouldn’t run into any issues. 

Just now, SupaKomputa said:

is all good as long as it is in matched pairs.

Where can i find this matched pairs?

Just now, iNovaa said:

As long as the sticks are the samw brand and of similar timings you should be fine. There are a few other factors such as motherboard socket, but as long as the above are correct you hopefully shouldn’t run into any issues. 

ok thank you

3 minutes ago, iNovaa said:

As long as the sticks are the same brand and of similar timings you should be fine. There are a few other factors such as motherboard socket, but as long as the above are correct you hopefully shouldn’t run into any issues. 

No need to match brand.

You can put different speed also, it will automatically adjust the speed to the lowest.

Say you have a 2666mhz right now, and buy a 3200, it will then work in 2666mhz.

For new memory i suggest getting a 3200 as the price is low now. Good investment also.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

19 minutes ago, fesf5000 said:

I have a Crucial 8GB Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400MHz and wanted to upgrade. Initially I was thinking of buying another 2x8GB but I found a Crucial 16GB Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400MHz cheaper. A friend of mine told me it was fine mixing my 8GB with the 16GB as long as they had the same frequency and maker (company), another told me to not mix them because of the diferent sizes. I didnt want to get rid off the 8GB if i bought the 16GB and wanted to have more than 16GB so it can last longer per say. So, is it bad to mix ram's from with diferent sizes?

Its ok. I had on my Z97 2x4 and 2x8gb with totally different brands and timings. It worked perfectly. 

6 minutes ago, fesf5000 said:

Where can i find this matched pairs?

What i mean is just get another 16gb kit (pair of 8gb). No need to match brand or speed.