FM2 and FM2+

devworkxxx

The socket fm2 is just of no use , so i'll explain to u why u should never buy a fm2 socket motherboard (mobo).

Here's something i don't like about the big companies ....they don't care about their customers.

mantle is an API by amd and mantle = OSUM (just google it up to see what's so great about it....it's just legendary)

U know i bought this fm2 socket mobo and a cpu...but my cpu is not compatible with recently launched mantle.... the new kaveri cpu is .. But, it is fm2+ socket......
Considering that fm2+ socket is backward compatible with fm2 apu, i was just fooled by amd....

If i had bought a fm2+ motherboard earlier, i would not have to upgrade my mobo in order to use Mantle.

I noticed that they do this with every flagship cpu and fool the customers....good way to earn money from fellow customers

WHY IN THIS WORLD DID THEY LAUNCH FM2????

stuff like that really annoys me ... I mean do good work ... be honest .. you will get customers ... don't do cheap tactics

In short Just, just never buy a fm2 motherboard. It will pay you off in the end. 

this is what I did: bought an fm2 cpu(750k) and I will buy a fm2+ mobo just because they're better :)

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

That's AMD for you. /sarcasm

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

The socket fm2 is just of no use , so i'll explain to u why u should never buy a fm2 socket motherboard (mobo).

Here's something i don't like about the big companies ....they don't care about their customers.

mantle is an API by amd and mantle = OSUM (just google it up to see what's so great about it....it's just legendary)

U know i bought this fm2 socket mobo and a cpu...but my cpu is not compatible with recently launched mantle.... the new kaveri cpu is .. But, it is fm2+ socket......

Considering that fm2+ socket is backward compatible with fm2 apu, i was just fooled by amd....

If i had bought a fm2+ motherboard earlier, i would not have to upgrade my mobo in order to use Mantle.

I noticed that they do this with every flagship cpu and fool the customers....good way to earn money from fellow customers

WHY IN THIS WORLD DID THEY LAUNCH FM2????

stuff like that really annoys me ... I mean do good work ... be honest .. you will get customers ... don't do cheap tactics

In short Just, just never buy a fm2 motherboard. It will pay you off in the end. 

Plain and easy. You Sir are a moron. 

Well, first I was going to buy 8350 but I only had Am3.. Well, that's good too, I needed to change the motherboard.

I like how peope get pissed about their own error, and then blame it on the company.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

"A little research can take you a long way"

//ccap

"I don't know what I am doing so I'll blame the company"

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Seriously, how is this AMD's fault? You bought an FM2 board expecting it to work with Kaveri which is FM2+ but you failed to do the research that would tell you otherwise.

FYI, FM2 was launched in 2012. New sockets come out every so often to accomodate new tech, it happens.

I like how peope get pissed about their own error, and then blame it on the company.

Its all marketing really. 

"I don't know what I am doing so I'll blame the company"

oh god people.....i am just telling about this cheap marketing technique...... i mean ..... it's just not their fault... its the type of marketing they have implemented that leads people into this nonsense.!!!

Intel is a lot worse about this. At least you can put the older cpu's in new AMD sockets, so I wouldn't be complaining.

oh god people.....i am just telling about this cheap marketing technique...... i mean ..... it's just not their fault... its the type of marketing they have implemented that leads people into this nonsense.!!!

If people will know earlier about their plans, then how are they gonna earn for a long period...people would have just waited for the mantle mobos and kaveri and haven't purchased the previous gen apus...thats how it works mate... :)

That's AMD for you. /sarcasm

Your display picture is beautiful 

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

genius-meme.jpg

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB