To prevent scratches on acrylic ?

Aristotle2019
Go to solution Solved by W-L,
3 hours ago, Aristotle2019 said:

So basically, cellphone/polythene wrap. Huh. Doesn't sound that bad. 

When you purchase acrylic it comes with a film your best to keep that film in place until you are finished working with it and go final installation. 

Even over time it will get micro scratches so you may need to buff it out, Novus Plastic polish is a good option for acrylic. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002UD0GIG/ref=psdc_15718481_t1_B002UCYRZU

I haven't really worked with acrylic before, but I'm going to move it and handle it a lot. And acrylic can take up scratches, I hear. Is there any form of protective film for acrylic or another transparent material to form the window or a pc case ? 

to protect acrylic form scratches, never take it ut of the box, in fact, don't buy it

acrylic scratches by taking it out of the box, installing parts in the case, placing it on the desk, using it, cleaning it, looking at it

what you can really do is apply some cleaning materials that leave a protective coat over the acrylic, but it is like hide the scratches or make it look shiny and forget the scratches

58 minutes ago, goto10 said:

to protect acrylic form scratches, never take it ut of the box, in fact, don't buy it

acrylic scratches by taking it out of the box, installing parts in the case, placing it on the desk, using it, cleaning it, looking at it

what you can really do is apply some cleaning materials that leave a protective coat over the acrylic, but it is like hide the scratches or make it look shiny and forget the scratches

I mean.. I can't help it. I can't have two pieces of tempered glass custom designed for me. 

If there is a good alternative, pls tell me. I wud be really thankful. 

And could you recommend the cleaning material that can hide it ? If that's my best bet. 

1 hour ago, Slottr said:

Saran wrap

3 hours ago, Aristotle2019 said:

When you purchase acrylic it comes with a film your best to keep that film in place until you are finished working with it and go final installation. 

Even over time it will get micro scratches so you may need to buff it out, Novus Plastic polish is a good option for acrylic. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002UD0GIG/ref=psdc_15718481_t1_B002UCYRZU