MSI B350M gaming pro issues

Go to solution Solved by Streetguru,
12 hours ago, Roschlynn Dsouza said:

Yeah. Contacted their support. Their team the first thing they tell me is to update the bios. And they gave me the

The bios release list should have had notes everywhere, but MSI has the best B450 boards at least, because some of those have USB bios flashing without a CPU.

Probably just keep contacting their support until something is resolved.

This issue has been causing a lot of ruckus. I have a MSI B350M gaming pro mobo with a ryzen 5 1500x and a 1050ti from zotac. The system automatically during gaming sessions or normal sessions hard resets. I thought this could be a bios fault as i did not update the bios from a long time. So i downloaded the latest non-beta bios from MSI (they had beta one's also but avoided those) and fired up the m-flash utility. It was updating and it even completed the update but now won't post and show a debug led which indicates either booting failed or boot device not found. Is there any way i could recover the bios back? I don't have a dual bios switch also to help me here.

Before this i also tried cleaning the contact pins on the ram and the gpu. i tried reseating the cpu also. then i also tried a different power supply. i also tried disconnecting the hard drives but it still would just hard reset.

It would boot into windows and then would just hard reset. even in the bios it would reset

4 minutes ago, Roschlynn Dsouza said:

This issue has been causing a lot of ruckus. I have a MSI B350M gaming pro mobo with a ryzen 5 1500x and a

Before messing with your bios, you could have checked your windows event log to see what was causing the crash. And probably just did a clean install of windows.

Most likely just get in contact with MSI's support

There's usually a lot of notes with bios releases and how to update them successfully.

A lot of resetting may have been caused by the power supply or power source for the PSU more rarely.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

18 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Before messing with your bios, you could have checked your windows event log to see what was causing the crash. And probably just did a clean install of windows.

Most likely just get in contact with MSI's support

There's usually a lot of notes with bios releases and how to update them successfully.

A lot of resetting may have been caused by the power supply or power source for the PSU more rarely.

i had actually checked windows logs using the powercfg -lastwake and the powercfg -devicequery wake_armed. but it was of no use

Is there no way to recover the bios? 

2 minutes ago, Roschlynn Dsouza said:

i had actually checked windows logs using the powercfg -lastwake and the powercfg -devicequery wake_armed. but it was of no use

Is there no way to recover the bios? 

If the motherboard only had a 64MB bios chip, in some cases they drop support for older CPUs if the user plans on only using a Ryzen 3000 CPU.

If you know of a local PC shop where you can test some different CPUs in it you might be able to get it booted again.

Mostly just contact MSI. If you can get them to send you a new bios chip somehow you could have someone solder that to replace the old one.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

Does it have the flashback button on the io panel?

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

1 hour ago, asand1 said:

Does it have the flashback button on the io panel?

No it does not have a flashback button. 

4 hours ago, Streetguru said:

If the motherboard only had a 64MB bios chip, in some cases they drop support for older CPUs if the user plans on only using a Ryzen 3000 CPU.

If you know of a local PC shop where you can test some different CPUs in it you might be able to get it booted again.

Mostly just contact MSI. If you can get them to send you a new bios chip somehow you could have someone solder that to replace the old one.

Yeah. Contacted their support. Their team the first thing they tell me is to update the bios. And they gave me the beta bios file to download. I don't know how to even update if my system doesn't post. MSI sucks. Should have not gone for it

12 hours ago, Roschlynn Dsouza said:

Yeah. Contacted their support. Their team the first thing they tell me is to update the bios. And they gave me the

The bios release list should have had notes everywhere, but MSI has the best B450 boards at least, because some of those have USB bios flashing without a CPU.

Probably just keep contacting their support until something is resolved.

Spoiler