A survival game to play

James Day

Hi, I'm looking for a game to play when I'm free as I am building a new PC. Which survival game should I play and why? (Something with realistic graphics and realistic scenarios (no robots or aliens and rockets etc.)) Thanks!

out of all the crazy shit in games you picked the three most realistic thing to say no to?!

Robots.......we HAVE that irl already, just not as advance but we will get there;

Aliens........I mean given the sheer size of the universe, its almost impossible that there is no aliens lol;

Rockets.......dude;

come on!

48 minutes ago, Skooz said:

out of all the crazy shit in games you picked the three most realistic thing to say no to?!

Robots.......we HAVE that irl already, just not as advance but we will get there;

Aliens........I mean given the sheer size of the universe, its almost impossible that there is no aliens lol;

Rockets.......dude;

come on!

lol sorry i meant like primitive and more of a down to earth game uk 

2 hours ago, James Day said:

Hi, I'm looking for a game to play when I'm free as I am building a new PC. Which survival game should I play and why? (Something with realistic graphics and realistic scenarios (no robots or aliens and rockets etc.)) Thanks!

this should be a survival game...

https://www.dimsumdaily.hk/liberate-hong-kong-game-based-on-hong-kong-frontline-protesters-available-for-download-in-november/

1 hour ago, James Day said:

lol sorry i meant like primitive and more of a down to earth game uk 

ARK Survival Evolved maybe?

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

Maybe not what you instantly think when hearing 'survival game' but what about Frostpunk or They are Billions?

Plus Subnautica is survival/gather/craft/explore single player game.

Also Project Zomboid, Don't Starve (Together) or 7 Days to Die...

15 hours ago, James Day said:

Which survival game should I play and why? (Something with realistic graphics and realistic scenarios (no robots or aliens and rockets etc.)) a primitive and more of a down to earth game

Primitive/Down to earth

Personal Recommendations

Other survival games that may be of interest to you

These are all available on Steam. Tried to reach 50 games but I think 48 will do. Everything else started getting into mixed and negative reviews and I'm familiar with all the games listed above so consider these your best bets. There might be a few more on other launchers that are pretty good but none that come to mind right now.

There's always older games of course. Which if you can get them to run correctly, much higher frame rates than back in the day and at higher resolution.