3800x and b350 mate

Hi.

Im upgrading a pc right now. Mobo msi b350 mate stays the same and also the ram stays the same. Im upgrading the gpu from a 1060 to a 5700xt and the cpu from ryzen 5 1700 to a ryzen 3800x. When I finished the build and turned the pc on I got the red cpu light. Could the compatibility between the b350 mate and the ryzen 3800x be a problem. Or any other ways to fix? Ive tried most of em.

Thanks in advance and kind regards

Tomas

Have you updated the BIOS prior to upgrading?

You need BIOS version E7A34AMS or newer.

Plug in the old CPU, download the BIOS here: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B350-PC-MATE

Place that BIOS on a thumb drive (empty thumb drive, read the instructions in the download folder to know exactly how), update the BIOS and install the new CPU.

(By the way, I wouldn't exactly recommend this setup.. The PC Mate is kind of a budget board for up to Ryzen 5 CPU's, it should be able to run the 3800X at stock though..)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

8 minutes ago, TOOMAAS said:

Ah okay. Recommended mobo's?

You can check here what mobo you want :)

22 minutes ago, TOOMAAS said:

X570 aurus ultra or B450 gaming pro carbon as some ideas 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

25 minutes ago, TOOMAAS said:

b450 if you are on a tight budget 

x570 if you can afford 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

One more question. If I change the mobo, gpu and cpu at once. Will it delete the unlocked windows (so to a locked windows) in like not recognizing the pc anymore cuz it changed so much. Or wouldnt that be a problem? Windows just stays on the same m2 ssd