Gpu and cpu both under 90% while gaming

ReadyPlayerOne

I recently changed my gpu, i got a 2070 super (from an rx 580) paired with a ryzen 2600@4ghz on 1080p monitor

Before with the rx580 was always almost at 100% 99% while gaming, but now the new gpu is not in game like far cry new dawn and steep, but the cpu is not at 100% too they are "dancing" between 40%-80% depending on game or moments, but no one never reached 100%

I know this combo it's overkill for a 1080p monitor and this is the part of the answer, but why they are not pushing more for have more fps, not just the max but also the min fps, this could be related of game engine or what?

There is something can i improve to push the usage more to have a better experience?

edit: extra info if it matter my psu is a seasonic 650 platinum

what FPS are you getting?

what's the refresh rate of the monitor?

do you have v-sync turned on?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Thats normal but if your CPU is 100% and GPU is 50% theres not much it can do because there is no more CPU power. It is called a bottleneck. If the CPU is also dancing between percentages, check if you have a fps cap set.

If you want me to see your reply, please tag me @Faisal A

I think that's great. The game don't have anything more to be calculated.

You can test a more demanding game or a bechmark suite like 3d mark.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

22 minutes ago, Arika S said:

what FPS are you getting?

what's the refresh rate of the monitor?

do you have v-sync turned on?

Fps are from 55 to 120 my monitor is running at 144hz and v-sync is off

25 minutes ago, Faisal A said:

Thats normal but if your CPU is 100% and GPU is 50% theres not much it can do because there is no more CPU power. It is called a bottleneck. If the CPU is also dancing between percentages, check if you have a fps cap set.

my cpu is not at 100, they are both between 40-80 with some spike from gpu at 90 but they are not frequent

13 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

I think that's great. The game don't have anything more to be calculated.

You can test a more demanding game or a bechmark suite like 3d mark.

I think almost the same, but why there are "fps drop" i mean why stay at 60-70% on 55 fps if they can push more?

ps my psu is a seasonic 650 platinum if this matters

1 hour ago, ReadyPlayerOne said:

I recently changed my gpu, i got a 2070 super (from an rx 580) paired with a ryzen 2600@4ghz on 1080p monitor

Before with the rx580 was always almost at 100% 99% while gaming, but now the new gpu is not in game like far cry new dawn and steep, but the cpu is not at 100% too they are "dancing" between 40%-80% depending on game or moments, but no one never reached 100%

I know this combo it's overkill for a 1080p monitor and this is the part of the answer, but why they are not pushing more for have more fps, not just the max but also the min fps, this could be related of game engine or what?

There is something can i improve to push the usage more to have a better experience?

edit: extra info if it matter my psu is a seasonic 650 platinum

It is possible that the game is only running on a couple threads, and those are at 100%, and the rest of the CPU is sitting idle. That would explain all of the symptoms you're having.

Another possibility is that the game has some functions that are linked with time progression, and the CPU is just so powerful that it's exceeding that limit when processing everything else, and that is the limiter. I know that the Elder Scrolls and Fallout games sometimes have this issue because of the scripting system.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

Benchmarking results

Superposition 1080p extreme usually had gpu utilization between 80-90 but reached and hold on 98 at some point with a 99 peak, the cpu usage is between 5-9%  the score is 5906 do you think is it good?

8 minutes ago, ReadyPlayerOne said:

Benchmarking results

Superposition 1080p extreme usually had gpu utilization between 80-90 but reached and hold on 98 at some point with a 99 peak, the cpu usage is between 5-9%  the score is 5906 do you think is it good?

Yes, that result is quite good.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms