How long do you mine for?

I was just wondering how long most people but their rig to mine for, and how long of a break do you take in between sessions?

I mine overnight for about 8 hours, then keep it off for another 8, then use it for light school work for about another 8.

I was wondering if I could keep it on for longer than 8 while not having extreme wear on the card. It has a stock cooler so it runs at about 75 - 80 C depending on fan speed during mining.

I run mine the whole time I'm not gaming on it, day or night. Unless it's a low requirement game, then I mine while I game. For example I mine while playing bioshock infinite, a game of dwarves, command and conquer etc. But close it while playing something with higher requirements like battlefield. Temps stay at 65c on the graphics card so there isn't much issue with it. I will be doing this for a couple months until I get a decent amount of coins made to invest with. 

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

I would mine. But I could never get the batch file to run correctly. :/

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

I have my rig to auto restart the miner every 8 hours and auto restart the computer every 24 hours to prevent BSODs.

Have you measured how inneffective your rebooting is? Or are you just assuming it makes a difference?

Have you measured how inneffective your rebooting is? Or are you just assuming it makes a difference?

I agree, if you're getting BSOD you have another problem than your computer running all the time. I've never got one and have ran my computer 3 weeks straight and many other computers even longer in the past no problem.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Every 5 hours I have it "rest" for an hour before going back at it.

My System Specs: (Short list) i7 4770k, GTX 780, many SSD's, a 2 TB HDD(deceased :( ), Corsair 650D. Full list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kchriz6097/saved/8dh7YJ

Upgrade Plan: Acquire some Black Noctuas then add 16 or 32GB of 2133MHz memory

My rig is not yet complete, but when it is, since I am going to be putting everything underwater, when I'm not gaming, I'm CUDA-mining with the K|NGP|ns :D

//CCap

//ccap

I have separate gaming and mining rigs and I run my mining rig 24/7

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

My gaming and Mining rig are one in the same. I mine while I'm at work or asleep. So roughly 16 hours a day give or take 4 hours. I don't mine on the weekends unless I'm asleep.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I also have two rigs, one just for mining that runs 24/7, and one for gaming that mines while I'm not using it. 

Main rig: Coursair Air 540, Amd 8120(stock clock, had it up to 4.6), Gigabyte 990 fx ud3,  MSI DCU2 r9 280x, seasonic 1000w platinum, Samsung 830 64 GB ssd, Seagate 1tb, 4 GB (2x2) G.Skill, 

Secondary: Define r4, Amd A10 5800k(4.6), 1x Sapphire 7950, MSI FM2-A85xa, 8 GB coursair vengeance ram, Seasonic 1250w Gold, 500GB 840 Evo, 223GB 2.5 Hdd, 80 Gb Seasonic, Samsung CD/dvd

I mined solo for a decent amount of hours for two days for Dogecoins then was told that was pointless and haven't mined since. 

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

24/7, with the only pauses being the time I wanna game. Got a r9 270 after a week with only Nvidia stuff.

Come fold while not gaming! http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/37-foldinghome-boinc-and-coin-mining/

Gaming Rig: i7-9700k 5GHz all core, GTX 1070, 16GB TridentZ, Buncha ssds...

Stream Machine: R7 1700, GTX 660 (lol), 16GB Corsair Somethingoranother, 120 GB SSD i've had since 2012. 

Mobile Workstation: MSI-ALPHA :R7 3750H, RX 5500M, 16GB of some ram, 500GB SSD.

I mined solo for a decent amount of hours for two days for Dogecoins then was told that was pointless and haven't mined since. 

Well if you're mining using a potato like it says in your signature, you'll be spending much more in electricity than you'd be getting in Dogecoin!

Pilates

Well if you're mining using a potato like it says in your signature, you'll be spending much more in electricity than you'd be getting in Dogecoin!

I actually can use something better than a potato and really maybe I should be mining something other than Dogecoins.  If you have a suggestion and instructions on how to set it up easily please private message me with info.  Yes I need my hand held through the process as I am a little slow.  I do know though I have the advantage that some others have in that I don't pay for my electricity here so I wouldn't mind making a $10 or $20 every two weeks as I could use the money right now.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I have my miner set to start after I am idle for 15 minutes, and then to shut off when I stop idling. So probably between 15-18 hours a day.

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz Cooler: Hyper 212+ GPU: MSI Twin Frozr 3 7850 Case: HAF 912 RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: OCZ Modxstream 600W Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-LK HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda

I actually can use something better than a potato and really maybe I should be mining something other than Dogecoins.  If you have a suggestion and instructions on how to set it up easily please private message me with info.  Yes I need my hand held through the process as I am a little slow.  I do know though I have the advantage that some others have in that I don't pay for my electricity here so I wouldn't mind making a $10 or $20 every two weeks as I could use the money right now.

Sure, just PMed you!

Pilates