I need help getting a compatible ram for my laptop for dual channeling

Hello I have a MSI gv63 8se laptop and it has sk hynix hma81gs6cjr8n-vk 16gb 2666mhz ram in it,I recently learned through CPU-Z that my laptop did not have 8x8 dual channeling so I decided to upgrade but I don't know about ram compatibility and since I will be buying a ram from another country I won't be able to refund it in case of incompatibility.I hope people here can suggest me items.I found KINGSTON 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ CL19 SODIMM NOTEBOOK RAM KVR26S19D8/16 but I am not sure if this would do the job if not what can I buy.(I have included my ram info)

Untitled.png

1 minute ago, Zeplinpapa said:

Hello I have a MSI gv63 8se laptop and it has sk hynix hma81gs6cjr8n-vk 16gb 2666mhz ram in it,I recently learned through CPU-Z that my

1333mhz * 2 sticks

It is dual channel

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

5 minutes ago, Zeplinpapa said:

here it says single channeling

How many sticks are physically inside the laptop? It would be unusual to have a single 16GB dimm as those are rather expensive I'd imagine.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

there are two slots on my motherboard but the slot 2 is empty on CPU-Z

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

KINGSTON 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ CL19 SODIMM NOTEBOOK RAM KVR26S19D8/16

Can this one support dual channeling where I can get the maximum performance out of the two Rams

1 minute ago, Zeplinpapa said:

KINGSTON 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ CL19 SODIMM NOTEBOOK RAM KVR26S19D8/16

Can this one support dual channeling where I can get the maximum performance out of the two Rams

Just search around pretty much, this one is CL15 though, the performance difference would be less than 5% most likely, it's not like you're going up to 3200mhz CL14/16 on a desktop.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N7K4DV4/ref=twister_B07CT8C6LD?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Spoiler

Is there a significant increase of performance in games after dual channeling with one of these rams?

3 minutes ago, Zeplinpapa said:

Is there a significant increase of performance in games after dual channeling with one of these rams?

Dual Channel probably yes, but 2133mhz dual channel vs 2666mhz dual channel not so much.

Also you can probably just get 2666mhz even if the sticks aren't identical. or at least 2400mhz

Spoiler

10 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Dual Channel probably yes, but 2133mhz dual channel vs 2666mhz dual channel not so much.

Also you can probably just get 2666mhz even if the sticks aren't identical. or at least 2400mhz

on kind of the same note. I was thinking of adding ram to my laptop. I have one slot free and the ram i have is 8-gb DDR4-2400MHz. Do i have to put in a ram with same speed or can i put in a faster one.

6 hours ago, sid180201 said:

on kind of the same note. I was thinking of adding ram to my laptop. I have one slot free and the ram i have is 8-gb DDR4-2400MHz. Do i have to put in a ram with same speed or can i put in a faster one.

It will just downclock to 2133mhz if you mix RAM sticks

Spoiler