When does AMD's free game promo end?

Thready
Go to solution Solved by Master Disaster,
3 minutes ago, Thready said:

I've been looking online and I can't find dates. I need to upgrade my PC but I'm waiting until early November when I have all my October photo clients finished because it's going to take me a week to build and get up and running and that's a week of downtime from my work, so I have to do it when I'm finished.

Are they going to make me verify my computer in order to get the games this time? If not then I can buy my parts now, claim the games, and then build later.

No one knows when it will end.

Yes you can buy now then sit on the codes until you're ready. When you buy the parts you'll get a code that you redeem at amdrewards.com, once you've redeemed your code your account is credited with how ever many games your entitled to. You can pick them then or leave the credits on your account until your new PC is running. Once you pick the game you'll be asked to sign in with the approriate details (Steam, Uplay etc) and the game will be added to your account automatically. Once its in your account you can access it any time.

I've been looking online and I can't find dates. I need to upgrade my PC but I'm waiting until early November when I have all my October photo clients finished because it's going to take me a week to build and get up and running and that's a week of downtime from my work, so I have to do it when I'm finished.

Are they going to make me verify my computer in order to get the games this time? If not then I can buy my parts now, claim the games, and then build later? Thanks guys

Photographer, future counselor, computer teacher.

3600X and RTX 2070 with too many storage drives to count. 

3 minutes ago, Thready said:

Are they going to make me verify my computer in order to get the games this time? If not then I can buy my parts now, claim the games, and then build later.

Yes you can buy now then sit on the codes until you're ready. When you buy the parts you'll get a code that you redeem at amdrewards.com, once you've redeemed your code your account is credited with how ever many games your entitled to. You can pick them then or leave the credits on your account until your new PC is running. Once you pick the game you'll be asked to sign in with the approriate details (Steam, Uplay etc) and the game will be added to your account automatically. Once its in your account you can access it any time.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

Thanks. I kinda wish they would let you know the dates on these things. I'm sure there's a business reason for not telling though. 

I was too late claiming The Division 2 and World War Z with my Vega 56 so I don't want to be too late with this. 

My guess would be till the end of the year as they know this is the time most people upgrade their hardware. A free game or two could give a person that extra little push to make the purchase. This is purely speculation but it makes sense.

21 hours ago, Ehmc130 said:

My guess would be till the end of the year as they know this is the time most people upgrade their hardware. A free game or two could give a person that extra little push to make the purchase. This is purely speculation but it makes sense.

Yeah that's my thinking too. I really don't want to miss this offer. I want to see The Outer World reviews first before choosing which game to get. 

Best bet is to ask from retailer you are using. Codes are mainly digital and sent to you by email. So retailers know when each promotion ends. If they sell codes in package, then those are usually valid until end of the year.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I think it's safe to assume that it will last until at least the second half of November. There is no way of knowing, but I don't see why they would stop the promotion early. The parts are still new, still being bought, and still in competition with nVidia's products, who also try to allure with game deals.

I think that a jump in prices is more likely to happen than game deals expiring (though I wouldn't expect a jump in prices either, except for specific models like the Nitro+).

Now, if you are asking about the specific game deals, then I can't really tell. They may change next month with the release/promotions of other hot games, but that is not necessarily a bad thing - unless you really want to choose between Ubisoft's absolute mess and Gearbox's moderate mess.

It also depends on the retailer, i.e. if the retailer has that kind of deal with AMD in the first place, and/or (probably) if they plan to maintain it.

For instance, I will be buying an all AMD build (R5 3600, RX 5700 XT), and I am entitled to NO games, as AMD has that deal with NO retailers neither where I live nor to any country close to where I live. That's quite unfair, and almost discriminatory, but - [rant interrupted due to not being on-topic]

- I think you'll be fine. As long as the retailer has it good with AMD, you should be able to get free games and Xbox Game Pass come November.