Power button connector

I’m rebuilding pc in a new case and uhhhh forgot how to plug in the reset and power connectors (the tiny two pin ones that attach to the pins on the mobo)

if I screw them up, can either damage the pc? Or it just won’t boot and I’ll have to redo it? 

There is no polarity to switch connectors, so you will not damage the motherboard, as long as you plug them in the correct connector.

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

52 minutes ago, G27Racer_188 said:

There is no polarity to switch connectors, so you will not damage the motherboard, as long as you plug them in the correct connector.

That’s the thing, those tiny pins are so small I can barely see them. Like I can’t really tell which pins what except for the LED’s cuz those are marked

The pinout of the header is in the motherboard manual.

If you don't have the paper version, you can go on the motherboard manufacturer's website to your motherboard model and download the manual from there.

IF you don't know the motherboard model, it's typically written on the motherboard somewhere between two slots, or between the CPU socket and RAM.

Some motherboards have a revision number, which is usually written in a corner of the motherboard. But, the actual revision shouldn't matter, all models of the motherboard should have the same header, the order of the pins is kind of standardized.

LEDs have polarity, you need to insert them the right way otherwise they won't light up. You won't damage them (burn them out) if you insert them the wrong way, the motherboard simply doesn't send enough "juice" to damage them. Still, if you see they don't light up it would be a good idea to pull out the connector and flip it the right way.

Switches (power on/off, reset switch) don't have polarity, either way you insert them it will be fine. A switch simply connects the two pins together so there's no plus and minus..

14 minutes ago, KillSwitch87 said:

That’s the thing, those tiny pins are so small I can barely see them. Like I can’t really tell which pins what except for the LED’s cuz those are marked

LED pins are marked because they have positive (+) and negative (- / ground) side. 

Switch pins don't have positive and negative as all it does is complete the electrical circuit by bridging the positive and negative side.

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

4 hours ago, mariushm said:

The pinout of the header is in the motherboard manual.

If you don't have the paper version, you can go on the motherboard manufacturer's website to your motherboard model and download the manual from there.

IF you don't know the motherboard model, it's typically written on the motherboard somewhere between two slots, or between the CPU socket and RAM.

Some motherboards have a revision number, which is usually written in a corner of the motherboard. But, the actual revision shouldn't matter, all models of the motherboard should have the same header, the order of the pins is kind of standardized.

LEDs have polarity, you need to insert them the right way otherwise they won't light up. You won't damage them (burn them out) if you insert them the wrong way, the motherboard simply doesn't send enough "juice" to damage them. Still, if you see they don't light up it would be a good idea to pull out the connector and flip it the right way.

Switches (power on/off, reset switch) don't have polarity, either way you insert them it will be fine. A switch simply connects the two pins together so there's no plus and minus..

Ok so I found the online manual(TUF Z270 Mark 1) according to that, the powerswitch connects to top 3rd and 4th pin right? And the reset thingie to the two right below it? 

C713D3CB-A30D-4932-ADE5-5AC85C0D892D.png