Hey 'all 

I've been scrolling around internet to water cool my louqe ghost s1 

And I have a gigabyte gtx 1070 g1 gaming rev 2.0

I saw that ekwb don't make full waterblock for it 

Cause apparently revision 1and 2 are different.

I then read on some french forum that the guy sent a email to ek and they said they aren't compatible.

Anyone know what waterblock I should look into ? 

Can I answer with a stupid question - Why would you use spend so much money to watercool aging mid range card?

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

Not expensive to watercool a card. Plus the only thing I'll have to change later is the waterblock of GPU Wich you would need to change anyways when you buy a new card.

Gtx1070 is still a good card for the next 5 years .

4 minutes ago, Mrfrenchtoast said:

Gtx1070 is still a good card for the next 5 years .

thats pretty ignorant to say unless you're able to tell the future. If the card lasts that long in term of just working, yeah it'll display an image to your monitor but you can't be sure if it'll be able to play games, do other tasks, etc.

it's never safe to assume how long a component will last

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

18 minutes ago, Mrfrenchtoast said:

All the rather snarky and off-topic questions aside, the Rev 2 apparently does have a different PCB layout. So find one that is compatible for example this Bykski is apparantly exclusively compatibile for rev 2 https://www.primochill.com/products/bykski-n-gv1070g1v2-x-full-coverage-gpu-water-block-clear-n-gv1070g1v2-x

Whatever,I play in 1080p the same game all the Time I'm gonna watercool my whole setup. A 130€ GPU block isn't expensive, I don't need a 2080 rtx that will in 2 years be a " aging mid range GPU "

3 minutes ago, For Science! said:

All the rather snarky and off-topic questions aside, the Rev 2 apparently does have a different PCB layout. So find one that is compatible for example this Bykski is apparantly exclusively compatibile for rev 2 https://www.primochill.com/products/bykski-n-gv1070g1v2-x-full-coverage-gpu-water-block-clear-n-gv1070g1v2-x

Thank you for your reply but as you read , I'm in the watercooling topic and I'm talking about watercooling my GPU.

I'll give it a look.

So I read the compatibility list and it's compatible with 1070ti, I would assume  that I could use any 1070 ti waterblock (from other brands ) for my 1070 g1 rev 2? 

Hi

Have you tried contacting support at Gigabyte .It may be the best way . I went to Gigabyte web site found no reference . But it does not mean, it does not exist.

22 minutes ago, Zmax said:

Hi

Have you tried contacting support at Gigabyte .It may be the best way . I went to Gigabyte web site found no reference . But it does not mean, it does not exist.

Email has been sent, 

I'll prob try the bykski if I don't find anything else.

but I've never heard of them and not sure of the quality.

2 hours ago, Mrfrenchtoast said:

So I read the compatibility list and it's compatible with 1070ti, I would assume  that I could use any 1070 ti waterblock (from other brands ) for my 1070 g1 rev 2? 

Doesnt work like that. Just because one brand made their block mor3 compatible doesnt mean all 1070ti blocks are the same

8 hours ago, For Science! said:

Doesnt work like that. Just because one brand made their block mor3 compatible doesnt mean all 1070ti blocks are the same

I forgot to specify 1070 ti from gigabyte. 

I'll wait the response from gigabyte and ekwb .

That Chinese bykski has very little review and I prefer not buying it unless I don't find anything else.