I can't believe it all fit! Hack Pro Pt. 2

JonoT
3 minutes ago, Twilight said:

i wouldn't say better, just classic. i prefer it, don't get me wrong, but it is a lot easier to use the dune pro case.

to make a proper G5 mod, you first need a dead g5 to salvage, fabricate your own parts to make current pc hardware fit into the case and modify the case yourself. i get the appeal of an off-the-shelf solution.

I know it's a hassle but i think the G5 looks so good.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

1. I still think a Tt WP100 would have been a more suitable case for custom water that you could have modded/painted to look like an Apple case.

2. Hackintosh is a dying breed so have fun with it while you can. That T2 chip Apple is supplying on their motherboards and laptops will soon be REQUIRED for MacOS to even boot/function. I wrote about it here.

In the Part 1 thread I pointed out:

An Asus VROC card on a non-Asus motherboard? I'm pretty sure all of those x16 VROC cards are BIOS locked to manufacturer.

but they didn't notice, and the card didn't work, and they blamed it on PCIe lane bifurcation, which is not the issue. These cards are 100% passive as far as logic is concerned, but they have a PCIe identification chip onboard that allows them to be recognized as a VROC card by the specific BIOS (back when the Asus card first came out, I went over it with a magnifying glass and looked up the chips). Naturally the motherboard vendors only recognize/whitelist their own matching brand of card (although they could theoretically recognize other brands).

4 hours ago, Twilight said:

i wouldn't say better, just classic. i prefer it, don't get me wrong, but it is a lot easier to use the dune pro case.

to make a proper G5 mod, you first need a dead g5 to salvage, fabricate your own parts to make current pc hardware fit into the case and modify the case yourself. i get the appeal of an off-the-shelf solution.

For sure. Modding a G5 for ATX or larger boards is quite an investment.

Had I wanted to pay for shipping, I probably would have ordered one of those off the shelf conversion kits.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

stopped watching partway through linus wrecking a G5

cos appreciate retro tech

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

7 minutes ago, Gegger said:

stopped watching partway through linus wrecking a G5

cos appreciate retro tech

Common thought process.

But it was going to happen regardless of us watching it, so I may as well watch it.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

10 hours ago, JonoT said:

I have that case in blue if anyone needs, it's in my garage so good luck but still for real

16 hours ago, JonoT said:

What is the software u used to draw the motherboard plate??? 

There is a special circle of Hell reserved for people who treat vintage hardware in general and iconic hardware in particular like that (trust me, I speak from a position of knowledge) 

What LTT did to that G5 was unconscionable. 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello, kinda late to the game but they ever uploaded the motherboard tray layout CAD file?