Safe voltages for AsRock B450 Pro4?

Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,

The Pro4 overclocks pretty well, it's in our "maxed out 6 core" tier on the tier list

AsRock B450 Pro4, R5 2600, and a wraith max cooler for the downward airflow.

The board is only a 3+3 power phase. I'd like to shoot for 3.9ghz-4.0ghz all core OC. But I know I'm likely gonna be pushing the vcore to at least 1.35v, give or take. I just don't know if this board can safely deliver that without cooking itself. It has a couple of heatsyncs over both sets of VRM's. The case has good airflow, and it's in a temperature controlled room. Appreciate any help.

The Pro4 overclocks pretty well, it's in our "maxed out 6 core" tier on the tier list

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, MisterMeow said:

Did you mean the X570 pro4? I have a B450 pro4.

he means the b450 pro4 here

and it's technically a fat 3 phase, with 6 phases in parralel on vcore

Ah alright, thanks! From what I can tell, the board seems to be just fine for 6 cores or less. But has a harder time handling overclocks with 8+ cores.

Appreciate it!

Actually the Pro4 has an effective, albeit a bit industrial looking- heatsink for both Vcore and SOC VRM. You can OC a six core without any trouble, especially in a case with good airflow.

I would not worry about it, generally, Ryzen processors reach their maximum clock speeds sooner, before VRM temps become an issue.

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )