Buying a laptop

Is the new MacBook Pro 13inch (Two thunderbolt 3) worth buying??? 

specs :  

•  1.4GHz quad core intel core i5 
  • turbo boost 3.9GHz 
  • 8gb Ram
  • 128gb ssd
  • price : $1299.            

Is it worth buying 

does it perform well??? 

do anyone have any issue with that laptop.?

It really depends on what you're trying to do with it. I wouldn't buy a MacBook Pro right now regardless though. The keyboard issues have been pretty much fixed, but they still use Intels 8th Gen CPUs. Apple should be switching them to the 10th gen CPUs with the new 64EU Iris Pro Graphics soon. 

Also, is there any reason you're looking at a Mac? Do you use software that's only available on macOS? 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

If you don't absolutely need MacOS on real Apple hardware, no.

Because MacOS is kind of the only redeeming quality of Macbooks, there's no reason to buy one if you don't need/want MacOS.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

If you absolutely NEED MacOS, then theres really only a few options anyways and that's definitely one of them, it really just comes down to what your willing to pay, the I/O you need, and the preferable screen size you want, to decide which Mac you want.

How to choose a laptop

1. Consider the use and choose to buy.

2. Considering the price level, according to its own conditions, it is not necessary to blindly pursue high matching.

3. The hardware development speed is fast, and the higher the price, the faster the price reduction of the notebook.

4. Pay attention to the comparison of brand and cost performance.

Tips for buying a computer

★ Graphics card:

This is the first choice to measure the price of a laptop. Please select the graphics card first, then consider other configurations. For example, students in design majors, film and television animation majors, radio and television majors, etc. who need image processing and non-linear processing related software courses, please be sure to watch the video card! If you often play online games or stand-alone games, please be sure Want to see the graphics card!

★CPU

The current computer can be summarized as: i3 is a low match, i5 is a standard, and i7 is a high match. But under normal circumstances, i3 is enough for most occasions, including many large games. Therefore, in addition to running some large single games or large complex computing software, i5 has already brought a pretty good experience to the average laptop.

★Memory

Memory is not a matter of value, because you can add it yourself. Today's notebooks basically support the expansion of memory modules, 8g/16g/32g free choice. At present, the general notebook comes standard with 4g. 4g can meet daily needs, 8g can make many large games and software faster, and 16g or more is purely personal comfort. We can visit more electronic conline shop for knowing the memory.

★Other

1 weight, most of them are around 2kg, generally speaking, there will be some emphasis on the optical drive.

2 heat dissipation, non-quality problems, heat dissipation are medium-sized, do not worry too much.

3 screens, currently there are mainly 14/15.6 basic models on the market, depending on personal preferences.

4 appearance, the materials are basically the same, the appearance is subject to personal preference. However, there are also ways to change the appearance of the film, etc. If it is not a high pursuit, it would be better to choose a computer with other performances.

15 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

It really depends on what you're trying to do with it. I wouldn't buy a MacBook Pro right now regardless though. The keyboard issues have been pretty much fixed, but they still use Intels 8th Gen CPUs. Apple should be switching them to the 10th gen CPUs with the new 64EU Iris Pro Graphics soon. 

Also, is there any reason you're looking at a Mac? Do you use software that's only available on macOS? 

No I don’t use anything that works only on macOS 

I have an iPad and iPhone so I thought may be its good and I didn’t a single problem with my iPad and iPhone for past 3 years so I choose MacBook, other than that no any specific reason 

can you tell me a windows laptop for the same configuration? I will check them to ..

7 hours ago, lanlan said:

How to choose a laptop

1. Consider the use and choose to buy.

2. Considering the price level, according to its own conditions, it is not necessary to blindly pursue high matching.

3. The hardware development speed is fast, and the higher the price, the faster the price reduction of the notebook.

4. Pay attention to the comparison of brand and cost performance.

Tips for buying a computer

★ Graphics card:

This is the first choice to measure the price of a laptop. Please select the graphics card first, then consider other configurations. For example, students in design majors, film and television animation majors, radio and television majors, etc. who need image processing and non-linear processing related software courses, please be sure to watch the video card! If you often play online games or stand-alone games, please be sure Want to see the graphics card!

★CPU

The current computer can be summarized as: i3 is a low match, i5 is a standard, and i7 is a high match. But under normal circumstances, i3 is enough for most occasions, including many large games. Therefore, in addition to running some large single games or large complex computing software, i5 has already brought a pretty good experience to the average laptop.

★Memory

Memory is not a matter of value, because you can add it yourself. Today's notebooks basically support the expansion of memory modules, 8g/16g/32g free choice. At present, the general notebook comes standard with 4g. 4g can meet daily needs, 8g can make many large games and software faster, and 16g or more is purely personal comfort. We can visit more electronic conline shop for knowing the memory.

★Other

1 weight, most of them are around 2kg, generally speaking, there will be some emphasis on the optical drive.

2 heat dissipation, non-quality problems, heat dissipation are medium-sized, do not worry too much.

3 screens, currently there are mainly 14/15.6 basic models on the market, depending on personal preferences.

4 appearance, the materials are basically the same, the appearance is subject to personal preference. However, there are also ways to change the appearance of the film, etc. If it is not a high pursuit, it would be better to choose a computer with other performances.

Thanks fo the information