Anyone know how much money you would save with the most efficient power Supply

Ryanwake

I was watching a recent video where I saw a 1500 watt power supply oh, and I was wondering for a business even if it cost an extra $500 per computer wouldn't that be more than worth it unless you lived in an area with cheap electricity?

You're looking at like a 10 to 20 watt difference, at best. Assuming 24 hour operation and $0.50 per kWh then you're looking at 0.02kw/hr of energy or $0.01 per hour difference, making an extra $250 extra investment not worth it, ever.

An article I found on this:

https://www.techjunkies.nl/2018/03/07/should-you-buy-a-platinum-or-titanium-power-supply/

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

It's a very simple calculation to find out, it's not rocket science. In general, the benefit in reduced electricity cost is insignificant compared to the difference in purchase price. Just buy whatever PSU performs well and is quiet, and you'll be fine. 

:)

Usually it's not worth the price gap. But you're paying for more than just efficiency; the quality and electrical performance is what matters.

It's simple math.

Take a Cybenetics report of an efficient PSU (eg. Corsair AXi), and find it's efficiency at each load at your voltage (120V or 240V).

Calculate how much power your system will use at different workloads, and the average length of that workload per day.

Lastly plug in your electricity prices and repeat the math with a less efficient power supply.