Restoring warped copper charging contacts?

Baryn

My true-wireless earbuds seem to have a glaring design flaw that has only become apparent a year later - their copper charging contacts have become a little bent from the pressure of being pushed into their charging case over and over.  I've tried the usual iso alcohol on a cotton swab, but the metal itself is slightly warped, so it's only of little help.

Any protips for this issue?  Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

On 10/13/2019 at 1:31 PM, Baryn said:

My true-wireless earbuds seem to have a glaring design flaw that has only become apparent a year later - their copper charging contacts have become a little bent from the pressure of being pushed into their charging case over and over.  I've tried the usual iso alcohol on a cotton swab, but the metal itself is slightly warped, so it's only of little help.

Any protips for this issue?  Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

Can you upload a picture of it?

• 2 weeks later...

As it turns out, my assumptions about this problem were totally wrong.  My contacts weren't terribly damaged, only slightly scored.  The reason I perceived the contacts as the problem was because the earbuds were turning on while charging, which shouldn't happen.

The REAL problem was that little magnets stored in the underside of the buds' "cradle" had come ajar from dropping the case numerous times.  Still a design flaw, but a pretty easy one to fix quickly!

Can't believe I'm saying this, but: thanks, Reddit!