Dell S2417DG vs LG 27GL850

My boyfriends birthday is at the end of November and I want to buy him a new monitor.

He currently has a really old monitor (Asus V23HL) and is always saying that my monitor looks so much better (I have a Dell S2417DG).

So I want to surprise him with a new monitor.

I want to buy a 24 or 27 inch, 1440p, 144 Hz, G-sync (compatible) monitor for him. And the two best choice seem to be either the Dell S2417DG (It's the monitor I already have so I know it's good), or the new LG 27GL850.

The Dell is €450 and the LG is €500. Only downside I see for the LG is that it's G-sync compatible, so it doesn't have the G-sync hardware. So I'm worried that it won't be as fluid when his fps drops while gaming as it is with G-sync. But I don't know that much about G-sync compatible. Besides that the LG is a lot newer, it's bigger and the colours should be better I assume.

I should mention his setup.

i7-8700

GTX 1070 Ti

Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 3

16GB RAM

620 watt seasonic psu (I think, not sure about that one)

So he has a 1070 Ti and I'm not sure if he will be able to maintain 144 fps in the games he plays (Fortnite, PUBG, WoW classic, Dota 2, Overwatch). But with G-sync it shouldn't matter that much, right?

I could go for a 1080p, 144hz monitor which would still be a big upgrade for him but I feel like it's more worthwile to go for 1440p as well, seeing as it would last much longer.

Which monitor should I buy?

IMO u should consider the LG 32GK850G-B .

yes its  32" but its better than the other two in almost every sense except viewing angles, whilst being a similar price. Viewing angles shouldn't be an issue if only 1 person is ever goign to be viewing it at one time. Just ensure u place it so the user is perfectly center, not abvoe, not below ,or to the side.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |