Blue and Yellow Themed LC Build w/ Rigid Tubing

weaverwacker

This looks amazing great quality picture also.

This is an amazing build. Great work on that rigid tubeing

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

How did you bend the tubing, by hand?Just curious since my acrylic turned out like crap using jigs. 

Just one question, does that 120mm rad really give you THAT much performance? I mean, why not cut it out, then you would not have that bend, and crossing tube ;)

Its a third of my cooling, so yeah absolutely necessary. It actually pushes out more heat than the 240 mm. If you have a CPU+GPU loop, I'd recommend 360mm of rad area at the very least..

How did you bend the tubing, by hand?Just curious since my acrylic turned out like crap using jigs. 

By hands and a 1980's heat gun, lol. I'm a bit of a perfectionist so it took a while. I'm talking well over ten hours. If not, more.

Dat dat dat dat dat dat dat dat custom sleeving on the non-modular PSU cords tho...

Had to void the warranty tho  :( I have faith in Corsair tho. It should last me years.

I like it a lot, oddly even with the yellow. :D  What made you go for yellow with blue, black and white though?

Nice cable management too, and how hard was it to sleeve all those cables?! Looks nice though, good job! :D

I went with the colors for two main reasons:

1) I'm didnt want to create a cliche build (green and black, red and black, blue and black) and wanted to be unique. I want people to remember my build. Also, I've always loved blue and yellow together.

2)My build was already 'blue-d' out, so adding a touch of yellow would be both cheap and make a noticeable difference in the overall theme.

And the cable sleeving? Oh.. the cable sleeving.. It took many hours. By the time I was done, my fingertips were raw. I broke one of the bins and had to solder another on.. it was a pain. Would not recommend unless you're a master of patience.

But thanks, man!  :D

By hands and a 1980's heat gun, lol. I'm a bit of a perfectionist so it took a while. I'm talking well over ten hours. If not, more.

Ah, I knew it. I think I might redo mine and do it all by hand. Did you measure it or just eye it?

I went with the colors for two main reasons:

1) I'm SICK of seeing cliche builds (green and black, red and black, blue and black) and wanted to be unique. I want people to remember my build. Also, I've always loved blue and yellow together.

2)My build was already 'blue-d' out, so adding a touch of yellow would be both cheap and make a noticeable difference in the overall theme.

And the cable sleeving? Oh.. the cable sleeving.. It took many hours. By the time I was done, my fingertips were raw. I broke one of the bins and had to solder another on.. it was a pain. Would not recommend unless you're a master of patience.

But thanks, man!  :D

Mine is black and green  <_<

Mine is black and green  <_<

Didn't say I didn't appreciate those builds, I just wanted to be different! (Open mouth, insert foot) Haha

Ah, I knew it. I think I might redo mine and do it all by hand. Did you measure it or just eye it?

I measured some, eyeballed some. I think when I started I was measuring it, then when I was bending some of the last pipes I just kinda sanded them down till the fit properly.

Not sure if somebody mention'd here allready, but Linus posted it on his facebook. So he for sure saw it! :] 

Awesome build. Very unique indeed. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

Its a third of my cooling, so yeah absolutely necessary. It actually pushes out more heat than the 240 mm. If you have a CPU+GPU loop, I'd recommend 360mm of rad area at the very least..

I'm going 2-3x 480, so no problems here xD

Just seen a lot of people not getting an decrase in temps with their small 120 rads...

Network/Homelab build log Main PC: "Aqua Blue"  Server: 15TB+ "Blue Lightning"

3900x, 32GB RAM @3200mhz, RTX 3090, 2.5TB+ SSD Storage, 4x2560x1440 monitors

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, +2x Note 9

Not sure if somebody mention'd here allready, but Linus posted it on his facebook. So he for sure saw it! :] 

Awesome build. Very unique indeed. 

Thanks for telling me man! I literally almost cried when I saw that. He's my tech idol. I've never been so excited in my life! :D

If I was you I would have switched out that window and use one without fan grills. That would probably make it look a lot better.

If I was you I would have switched out that window and use one without fan grills. That would probably make it look a lot better.

Yeah, you're right. Ballin' on a budget. Only making $8.50 at subway! haha, not too bad for an 18 year old in high school though.

I would literally cry if Linus and Slick put this on the Wan Show.. I hope they see this. I put so many hours into this with the hope of making a name for myself as a designer. :rolleyes:

Just a thought... Plasti-dip the motherboard next time please. Covering the PCI-e slots (and all other important things like Heatsinks and such) to keep them blue and making the motherboard black would make it very clean (it's already clean, but even cleaner).

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

blue and yellow looks smashing  :D

Corsair 350d | Asus Maximus VI Gene | Intel Core i7 4770k | Corsair h100i | Reference GTX 780 | Corsair AX760i | WD 1tb green | Samsung 840 pro 256gb

Thanks for telling me man! I literally almost cried when I saw that. He's my tech idol. I've never been so excited in my life! :D

I'm proud for you!

;)

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color