PSU & GPU compatibility

I have a Xilence performance c 600w PSU. Is it compatible with the RX Vega 56 GPU or a 1070 Ti? Looking to upgrade my lovely GTX 1050 Ti

This PSU is pretty craptastc and only has one 6+2PCIe connector. Due to this only mini versions of the cards will work. For example Zotac GTX 1070 Ti Mini. BUT PLZ get a decent PSU first and then get a used Vega 64 -> nice price/perf annnnd your hose wont burn down lol

Oh and wellllllcome to the forums :)

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

Yeah it's compatible and should provide enough power, but it isn't a very good PSU. I would strongly recommend an upgrade, remember if the PSU fails it could take everything else with it. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X  |  Cooler: Cryorig H7  |  Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar  |  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini  |  RAM: Team Vulcan 16GB  3000MHz  |  GPU: EVGA 1070ti Gaming (Kraken G12 Watercooled) |  PSU: Corsair TXM650  |  Storage: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB + WD Blue M.2 500GB  |  Network Card: Asus PCE-AC56  |  Monitor: Acer Nitro VG270U  |  Audio: Sennheiser HD6XX + Schiit Fulla 2

Laptop:

Lenovo s540:  CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500U  |  RAM: 8GB DDR4 2666MHz  |  GPU: AMD Radeon Vega 8  |  Storage: 256GB NVME SSD

Other builds:

Spoiler

Workstation 1:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X  |  Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 Rev 2  |  Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Pro  |  Case: Corsair Crystal 570X  |  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz  |  GPU: Nvidia Quadro P5000  |  PSU: Corsair TXM750  |  Storage 1: WD Green 120GB  |  Storage 2: WD Blue 1TB  |  Storage 3: Seagate Barracuda 4TB  |  Monitor: LG 27UD68

1 minute ago, AndrewB121 said:

Yeah it's compatible and should provide enough power, but it isn't a very good PSU. I would strongly recommend an upgrade, remember if the PSU fails it could take everything else with it. 

this! You dont want your new GPU to be fkd

performance c is the lowest xilence, and even Listan has to offer in their current lineup

with the vega 56 you risk transient issues and even out of spec voltage issues, i would highly recommend to upgrade it

Take a look at the tier lists he links! They are awesome and a nice orientation. Pic something with a decent ranking and good price in your region!

Guess something around 600W should be plenty, but what hardware are you running with those GPUs?

Allright say I bid the Xilence farewell, what PSU is better if we're talking around the $50-60 range? I know you're not supposed to cheap out on the power supply but I'm on a budget.

Btw here's rest of the specs:

- i5 7400 (I know I'll be a little CPU-bottlenecked but I can live with it for a while)

- MSI B250M PRO VD

-16 GB RAM

Edit: I'm looking at a corsair rm650x

5 hours ago, Eburon said:

Allright say I bid the Xilence farewell, what PSU is better if we're talking around the $50-60 range? I know you're not supposed to cheap out on the power supply but I'm on a budget.

- i5 7400 (I know I'll be a little CPU-bottlenecked but I can live with it for a while)

- MSI B250M PRO VD

-16 GB RAM

Nice decision and well worth it. You will have a long usable time and a solid warranty. 

5 hours ago, Eburon said:

- MSI B250M PRO VD

-16 GB RAM

The Corsair RMx series is really nice. You won't be disappointed. 

The only thing under $60 that I would throw at that setup would be the M12II 520 which is $39 after $20 rebate at newegg.  Those things are as tough as nails.   But if you can pull off the RMx, do so.

9 hours ago, FALC0N said:

The Corsair RMx series is really nice. You won't be disappointed. 

The only thing under $60 that I would throw at that setup would be the M12II 520 which is $39 after $20 rebate at newegg.  Those things are as tough as nails.   But if you can pull off the RMx, do so.

There's a guy selling an RMX650X (new) for $85. Sounds like an ok deal. Also have a potential buyer for the Xilence who is willing to pay $20

10 hours ago, Eburon said:

There's a guy selling an RMX650X (new) for $85. Sounds like an ok deal. Also have a potential buyer for the Xilence who is willing to pay $20

This is private seller that is offering the RMx?

14 hours ago, FALC0N said:

This is private seller that is offering the RMx?

Yup. I'll be picking it up today.

27 minutes ago, Eburon said:

Yup. I'll be picking it up today.

Just make sure it is as advertised