would ryzen 7 2700x bottleneck rtx 2070

4 minutes ago, Bipandeep said:

The Fractal Focus G and Coolermaster MB511 are cheap and effective cases

You should drop the cooler and just get a 3700X for the same total cost, and upgrade the cooler later. Really don't need the 8 cores, but you might as well maybe get it.

The ASUS Prime X570 board has a better VRM and should be around the same price.

Unless you want to get a blower RX 5700 for $289 and improve it just get a power color or sapphire card, the rest are also just fine, except maybe the XFX and MSI Evoke being on the bottom of the list.

GN reviewed almost every card, here's for fixed blower vs top end after market.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

9 hours ago, Bipandeep said:

so far is my incomplete build good?????

Yes. Very much so. It's actually very similar to my own build.

1. GPU- while going with rx 5700 or 5700 xt should i go with developer edition or after market edition.

Anything except the reference blower fan or the ASUS stuff is good for the 5700XT, and I highly recommend getting one for a system with those specs.

2. STORAGE- with crucial p1 what do you recommend for more storage for only storing my files.

I personally would suggest you just get another identical NVMe, unless you have need of much larger storage.

3. CASE- there are soooooooo much to choose but the key point is i don't wanna spend whole lot of money on that and want it to be good in respect to air flow in it.

That's pretty much all cases... Are you looking for a window side panel, sound dampening?

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

On 10/11/2019 at 9:14 PM, Bipandeep said:

I am going to build a PC and my budget can extend up-to some 1200 or 1300 , i am planning to buy its part near black Friday. and for cpu and gpu i have choosed ryzen 7 2700x and zotac rtx 2070 respectively. is my choice good , could i be able to play ultra setting in games , would i be facing more bottleneck or no . 

My Ryzen 2600 was seriously bottlenecking my EVGA RTX 2070 XC Ultra. So maybe.

Apparently it's not widely believed that the 2000 series can be much of a bottleneck. But the increase in FPS going to a 3800X @ 4.2 was staggering. A lot more than I expected. And my old 2600 was @ 4.0GHz. So it's not clock speed so much as cores, architecture, and cache.

19 hours ago, Bipandeep said:

CPU-  AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor

COOLER- Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler

MOBO- MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard

RAM- G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

PSU -Corsair RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

so far is my incomplete build good?????

and now question are of-

1. GPU- while going with rx 5700 or 5700 xt should i go with developer edition or after market edition.

2. STORAGE- with crucial p1 what do you recommend for more storage for only storing my files.

3. CASE- there are soooooooo much to choose but the key point is i don't wanna spend whole lot of money on that and want it to be good in respect to air flow in it.

is there any correction in those things or u can refer something better will be helpfull

you guys are great supporters though very much thankful to you  all.

@Jon Jon @BTGbullseye @Streetguru 

I would get DDR4 3600 memory just to max out the CPU.

I can vouch for both the D15 and the Corsair RMx PSU. Both in my build are great.

If you are getting an RX 5700XT, People love the Powercolor Red Devil. It has an awesome cooler for the price.

Desktop:

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

ASUS STRIX Radeon RX 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Sceptre C305B-200UN Ultra Wide 2560x1080 200hz Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2666

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

6 hours ago, Intoxicus said:

My Ryzen 2600 was seriously bottlenecking my EVGA RTX 2070 XC Ultra. So maybe.

Apparently it's not widely believed that the 2000 series can be much of a bottleneck. But the increase in FPS going to a 3800X @ 4.2 was staggering. A lot more than I expected. And my old 2600 was @ 4.0GHz. So it's not clock speed so much as cores, architecture, and cache.

You did go from a mid-grade CPU to one of the world's best single-core performers... (it beats out all Intel offerings, even the overclocked ones) Why you wouldn't expect a significant performance increase is beyond me.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

4 hours ago, BTGbullseye said:

You did go from a mid-grade CPU to one of the world's best single-core performers... (it beats out all Intel offerings, even the overclocked ones) Why you wouldn't expect a significant performance increase is beyond me.

Where are you getting this info?

On single core?

R15 single?

R20 single? Oooh ok 

Y cruncher single?

Geekbench single?

Pov ray single?

Where else?

Link please

Lol passmark 

Hahaha no

R20 single is your only other one?

@Jon Jon @Streetguru @BTGbullseye  i am concerned about one thing that is? 5700 xt is very good or amazing over 5700 .... Coz i thing 5700 is better too and with OC i could go higher in speed right??..

And second thing is about M.2 storage which i'm gonna use ... If insted i use simple harddisk or some nvme storage wouldn't it be fine because i sow some videos they said that m.2 is faster storage and use full to load thing faster so 

On one hand assume if i booted up windows or any game on hard disk or nvme or m.2 etc etc etc so will there be any performance decrease like in terms of FPS or clock speeds .

19 hours ago, pas008 said:

Lol passmark 

Hahaha no

What, afraid of actual benchmarks? Can't handle your higher priced Intel being beat by an AMD in actual performance?

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

1 hour ago, Bipandeep said:

@Jon Jon @Streetguru @BTGbullseye  i am concerned about one thing that is? 5700 xt is very good or amazing over 5700 .... Coz i thing 5700 is better too and with OC i could go higher in speed right??..

You can overclock and flash a new BIOS to the 5700 to get it to match 5700 XT stock speeds, but it's very risky to do so. Since the 5700 XT is not that much more expensive, it's recommended to go to it instead, as even a slight overclock on it will beat any 5700. (and it can overclock very easily without additional cooling)

1 hour ago, Bipandeep said:

And second thing is about M.2 storage which i'm gonna use ... If insted i use simple harddisk or some nvme storage wouldn't it be fine because i sow some videos they said that m.2 is faster storage and use full to load thing faster so 

On one hand assume if i booted up windows or any game on hard disk or nvme or m.2 etc etc etc so will there be any performance decrease like in terms of FPS or clock speeds .

The NVMe basically takes a regular SSD load time and chops off 2/3 of it. A regular SSD takes HDD load times and chops off 9/10 of it. An NVMe is about 35-50 times faster than a HDD, will last longer, (usually double the lifespan) and is far harder to damage. If you get a PCIe 4.0 NVMe, and have both an X570 motherboard and a Ryzen 3000 CPU, you can double the speeds again, so 70-100 times faster than a HDD.

As far as FPS differences, it would depend on the game. If the game is designed to "stream" textures and so on from the main drive, you're going to have a very bad time on a HDD, but any decent SSD/NVMe should be just fine.

1 hour ago, BTGbullseye said:

What, afraid of actual benchmarks? Can't handle your higher priced Intel being beat by an AMD in actual performance?

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

You can overclock and flash a new BIOS to the 5700 to get it to match 5700 XT stock speeds, but it's very risky to do so. Since the 5700 XT is not that much more expensive, it's recommended to go to it instead, as even a slight overclock on it will beat any 5700. (and it can overclock very easily without additional cooling)

The NVMe basically takes a regular SSD load time and chops off 2/3 of it. A regular SSD takes HDD load times and chops off 9/10 of it. An NVMe is about 35-50 times faster than a HDD, will last longer, (usually double the lifespan) and is far harder to damage. If you get a PCIe 4.0 NVMe, and have both an X570 motherboard and a Ryzen 3000 CPU, you can double the speeds again, so 70-100 times faster than a HDD.

As far as FPS differences, it would depend on the game. If the game is designed to "stream" textures and so on from the main drive, you're going to have a very bad time on a HDD, but any decent SSD/NVMe should be just fine.

Wow Wins in passmark

And r20 single only

r15 and many more i named it loses lol

If it was great as you say in single core itd be kicking Intel in more than 2 single core benchmark lol

And itd show in games at low resolutions

Here one you should read

https://techreport.com/review/34672/amd-ryzen-7-3700x-and-ryzen-9-3900x-cpus-reviewed/12/

Its not far behind though

Its great competition

And this only helps us all

So basically this things would be fine like :- 

If i took a b450 mobo so i will take 250-500 GB ssd with a 1-4 TB HDD 

if i took x570 mobo so i will take a m.2 nvme storage with ssd and HDD. 

And please tell me am i correct about this:-

if i only need m.2 for faster booting of games and windows i can do both on single m.2 right ?? 

basically can u recommend what "storages" and their uses to use when i will go with b450 or x570 mobo

@Jon Jon @Streetguru @BTGbullseye 

6 minutes ago, Bipandeep said:

S

You can use NVME drives on B450, PCi-e gen 4 isn't useful for gaming, X570 is more for the nice VRM, and because it's not much more than X470 for the out of the box bios.

Just grab like a 500GB 660p and an MSI Gaming B450 board as it has USB bios flashing, the Tomahawk might have it as well.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Streetguru said:

660p

I honestly wouldn't go for any QLC NAND drive right now. Despite them claiming "it lasts just as long as a TLC", it really doesn't. I most especially wouldn't use it for anything that gets written to a lot, like a system boot drive or a game drive.

11 hours ago, BTGbullseye said:

I honestly wouldn't go for any QLC NAND drive right now. Despite them claiming "it lasts just as long as a TLC", it really doesn't. I most especially wouldn't use it for anything that gets written to a lot, like a system boot drive or a game drive.

You'd still have to write an unreasonable amount of data per day to really stress it's usable lifespan.

has a 5 year warranty anyways

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

You'd still have to write an unreasonable amount of data per day to really stress it's usable lifespan.

has a 5 year warranty anyways

Yeah, and it'll still die inside of that time span, and I guarantee they won't replace it free.

I have recently built a system with an R7 2700 and I also built one around an i5 9400F and I am perfectly happy with both of them.  Intel if you go non K you can get away with a much less expensive motherboard and possibly put in a better GPU so its all about what you r3eally wan to do

1 minute ago, Bipandeep said:

So,,... B450 , with a good ssd and some pci 3.0*4 , and some 16 gb ram 3200mhz hows it

Either than or the cheapest MSI X470 boards are fine are not much more expensive, they're going to have a bit nicer VRM

You just want to make sure the SSD has a DRAM cache for longevity. the 660ps really are fine though.

Spoiler

16 hours ago, Bipandeep said:

So,,... B450 , with a good ssd and some pci 3.0*4 , and some 16 gb ram 3200mhz hows it 

It's pretty decent. That's literally what I'm running right now. (at least until Tuesday when I get an X570 and some 3600cl16)

16 hours ago, Streetguru said:

You just want to make sure the SSD has a DRAM cache for longevity. the 660ps really are fine though.

Don't need the DRAM for longevity if it's not QLC... That's the point. TLC without DRAM lasts about the same as QLC with it. (usually performs better for the same price too)

Just now, BTGbullseye said:

It's pretty decent. That's literally what I'm running right now. (at least until Tuesday when I get an X570 and some 3600cl16)

Isn't it more about maintaining the SSD's speed when it's nearing max capacity? I wouldn't buy a TLC drive without DRAM in general though

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Isn't it more about maintaining the SSD's speed when it's nearing max capacity? I wouldn't buy a TLC drive without DRAM in general though

Unless you're running a 1TB with less than 20GB left, it's not going to be a significant slowdown. And if you're that close, you deserve the slowdown. ;)

4 minutes ago, Bipandeep said:

Soo this means ssd with dram and whatever storage i want would be better.

You'd only want to find cheap 3600mhz CL16 RAM if you go with Ryzen 3000

otherwise 3200mhz Cl16 RAM is fine for Ryzen 2000

The 660p is a perfectly fine SSD, haven't had any issues with mine.

Spoiler

8 hours ago, Streetguru said:

The 660p is a perfectly fine SSD, haven't had any issues with mine.

Considering it's just over a year since it was released, and even the pessimistic estimates put the failures at 2 years or later, that isn't a very good recommendation. The difference is that QLC is both significantly slower, and significantly less durable than TLC that is priced identically. There is no real reason to buy QLC at this time. In the future, if QLC does actually drop in price/increase in capacity, then there will be a reason to buy it instead.

8 hours ago, Bipandeep said:

Soo this means ssd with dram and whatever storage i want would be better.

@Streetguru @BTGbullseye @Jon Jon

Doesn't need DRAM, but it will increase the lifespan of a drive by about a year or two. (without, they will likely last for 5-7 years under heavy use) Bear in mind that the drives with DRAM are more expensive, so it's a value judgement that only you can make. I personally intend to upgrade to larger capacities before the drive will fail, so I would rather save the money.

@Streetguru @BTGbullseye @Jon Jon

So this is kinda final build looking fine to me .... 

Please tell me if something is wrong in build and thanks for all your support so far.. 

1 minute ago, Bipandeep said:

Get an Arctic Freezer Xtreme, a Neptwin, or a Sycthe Fuma 2 instead of the D15 they're $35/40/60 respectively

Either get a cheap MB511 or step up to the Coolermaster H500, because you're going to want a case with a mesh front, and that one looks almost completely sealed off making those fans useless. The H500 has 2 200mm RGB fans anyways.

If you're going to spend that much on the RX 5700 XT, then just step up to the Nitro+ which is in the top 1/2 for coolers

and you can easily get a 500GB SSD, and you want 3600mhz CL16 RAM, that corsair kit was CL18

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kBTjp8

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($194.00 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer Xtreme Rev.2 Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler  ($35.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI X570-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($79.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Intel 660p Series 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($62.99 @ B&H)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB NITRO+ Video Card  ($449.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase H500 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($113.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1231.91

Spoiler