Work / Gaming Laptop / Tablet Combo Advice Needed...

Tynicko

This has probably been asked a million times but looking for a current answer.

I'm looking to get a laptop or a laptop and a tablet in the next few days. I have a budget of $2500 - $3000 CAD

If i got the laptop only i would like it to be very portable but able to handle games for a couple of years (RAM and HD up-gradable Bonus for Graphics Card is too if possible) but also usable for some creative work. Premiere Pro, Illustrator and Photoshop kinda stuff.

If I got a separate laptop (or Desktop) with a good tablet to do the same as above but obviously not as powerful as it cuts into the budget.

Let me know please. (also I'm not in the Apple Ecosystem i'm in the Windows and Android already)

Thanks for the up coming tips in advance.

If you need a tablet/laptop, get a Surface Pro 6. They're speedy and good for the money. With the rest of the money, get a desktop. I wouldn't suggest getting a gaming laptop, unless you're away from the house a lot.

11 hours ago, Tynicko said:

This has probably been asked a million times but looking for a current answer.

I'm looking to get a laptop or a laptop and a tablet in the next few days. I have a budget of $2500 - $3000 CAD

If i got the laptop only i would like it to be very portable but able to handle games for a couple of years (RAM and HD up-gradable Bonus for Graphics Card is too if possible) but also usable for some creative work. Premiere Pro, Illustrator and Photoshop kinda stuff.

If I got a separate laptop (or Desktop) with a good tablet to do the same as above but obviously not as powerful as it cuts into the budget.

Let me know please. (also I'm not in the Apple Ecosystem i'm in the Windows and Android already)

Thanks for the up coming tips in advance.

I highly recommend a Dell xps 15 for a good mid range GPU for gaming but that doesn't take too much power to adapt for work purposes. Its is quite light ad thin as is its lower quality build Dell g3 gaming laptop.

On 10/11/2019 at 3:04 PM, SaviorSix said:

If you need a tablet/laptop, get a Surface Pro 6. They're speedy and good for the money. With the rest of the money, get a desktop. I wouldn't suggest getting a gaming laptop, unless you're away from the house a lot.

Thanks for the advice... had a SP4 in the past but with SP6 shouldn't I just get a SP7? as my concern is that my SP4 wasn't able to keep up with Adobe CC and my Programming work on the go very well and not play any games... so became rather useless very fast...

19 hours ago, ALL AROUND TECH yt said:

I highly recommend a Dell xps 15 for a good mid range GPU for gaming but that doesn't take too much power to adapt for work purposes. Its is quite light ad thin as is its lower quality build Dell g3 gaming laptop.

I had a dell 7537 that lasted me a long time and decent graphics card so i'll look that up... would the XPS be able to play the latest games? or get a better graphics card that can last a while (looking at 2 to 3 years like the 7537 dells did or more.

As for the advice what prebuilt desktop laptop combo would work then?

or would the latest alienware 15 work for both situations for a couple of years? (my concern with the alienware is the heat and non replaceable ram...

Thanks!