Stuck on boot and boot to black screen

Crunken
Go to solution Solved by Crunken,
On 10/8/2019 at 6:17 PM, strat guy said:

No, not to my knowledge at least.

It'll just reset your XMP profile/RAM and CPU to default clocks. Try that for a while and see if that fixes the problem.

You're the first one to mention anything about ram, so i looked into it more and i had just set the ram to 3200mhz not an XMP profile (first time i'm using DDR4 so wasn't sure how to do it correctly) so i reset bios settings and did that and it's been over a week now without it getting stuck, thanks man! :D

Update to an old post, i'll copy paste the old one down below

The same issue as before is still there, still doesn't boot sometimes and get stuck on the asus splash screen but now i boot sometimes and the screen is just black, no taskbar or anything just a cursor. i did ctrl alt delete and signed out, then in and it works. Should i just reinstall windows? i've been putting it off since i have a lot of settings in software i use, but if it fixes my problem i'll do it. Thanks

Old post copy pasted for info

PC get stuck on boot logo screen (sometimes)

Title explains most of my problem, but what happens is when i start it after shutdown, it gets stuck on the Asus logo splash screen right when it boots. The loading circle or the option to go into the bios isn't there. So i press the reset button on my case and everything is fine. I built the PC a little over 2 weeks ago with all brand new parts, no other issues than the weird boot. I have fast boot enabled and nothing is overclocked except ram is on default XMP profile of 3200mhz

Operating system is windows 10 home 64 bit and specs are:

CPUIntel® Core™ i7-9700K

RAMCorsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 16GB

GPUGigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 GAMING OC

SSDCorsair MP510 480gb NVMe & Samsung 850 EVO  250GB 

HDDWD Desktop Blue 1TB 

MotherboardAsus ROG Z390-F 1151

Umm hard to say.

so you mean ur post code is all passed, then when it’s loading windows with that spinning circle, it will lock up?

i would recommend put ram back to non-xmp. And also check if ur ram is running xmp at the correct voltage. Some mobo applies xmp but does not apply xmp voltage correctly.

i would say it’s memory issue.

1 minute ago, TensorVortex said:

Umm hard to say.

so you mean ur post code is all passed, then when it’s loading windows with that spinning circle, it will lock up?

i would recommend put ram back to non-xmp. And also check if ur ram is running xmp at the correct voltage. Some mobo applies xmp but does not apply xmp voltage correctly.

i would say it’s memory issue.

Yes, i fully post into the Asus boot logo screen, but sometimes the circles don't even show up and i'm stuck there

I'll try going non-xmp but i paid extra for the 3200mhz ram so i want xmp to work obv, do i need to replace the ram or something then? and lastly i know where in the bios i check for ram voltage, but how do i know which is correct? Thanks for your reply

unplug all other storage but for the OS drive and reset BIOS to factory settings and see if you can get into windows ? 

1 minute ago, strat guy said:

unplug all other storage but for the OS drive and reset BIOS to factory settings and see if you can get into windows ? 

I can get in to it most of the time, it's just every like 10'th time i boot it gets stuck on the logo, and today i fully booted but everything was just black

but i can try it still, but does bios reset doesn't remove windows/files?

16 minutes ago, Crunken said:

I can get in to it most of the time, it's just every like 10'th time i boot it gets stuck on the logo, and today i fully booted but everything was just black

but i can try it still, but does bios reset doesn't remove windows/files?

It'll just reset your XMP profile/RAM and CPU to default clocks. Try that for a while and see if that fixes the problem.

On 10/8/2019 at 6:17 PM, strat guy said:

You're the first one to mention anything about ram, so i looked into it more and i had just set the ram to 3200mhz not an XMP profile (first time i'm using DDR4 so wasn't sure how to do it correctly) so i reset bios settings and did that and it's been over a week now without it getting stuck, thanks man! :D