Please help! Periodic BSOD

nhess

So I had a Gigabyte AB350m ds3h Motherboard and I tried to update the bios through their updating software, the board would not boot after this and I sent it in for an RMA. Everything worked perfect before this.

Now I bought a MSI B450 Tomahawk from amazon warehouse and am experiencing periodic BSOD with various stop codes. These include System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled, Attempted_Write_To_Readonly_memory, Memory_management, and IRQL_Not_less_or_equal, IRQL_GT_zero_At_System_Service. It works most of the time, but I can't pinpoint what is causing the issue. I uninstalled and reinstalled AMD graphics drivers which helped player League of legends. It's probably every 20minutes it BSODS. Do you guys think it's the board or a software issue? I haven't flashed the bios or anything. 

Specs:

RX 5700xt Powercolor red dragon (upgraded from RX570 red dragon that I had on old board)

Ryzen 5 1600 with Gammaxx 400 Deepcool cooler

Geil EVO potenza DDR4 2666 2x8gb 

Bitfenix Formula 750W 80+gold

MSI B450 Tomahawk (previously Gigabyte AB350m ds3h prior to brick)

HP 120GB SSD SATA

Seagate Barracudda 1tb Hard drive 

Capture.PNG

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

Getting a bunch of different BSODs can mean bad memory. Try swapping the RAM out if you have extra sticks. If not I'd run memtest to see if I get any errors.

I did have it on a different XMP profile than normal. Maybe that's it? Is Memtest a benchmarking software? I have used Prime95, Cinebench, and CPU-Z before. I think Prime 95 might have a memory test.

definitely looks like memory instability. check your motherboards QVL to see if your ram is listed there, but imagine you'll need a new memory kit

Thanks guys, I am going to remove the XMP profile I put it on later and check. It was on the QVL list, so I hope it works. I wanted to overclock it since the speed is slow. IDK if an upgrade is worth