Suggest a laptop for college with...

Looking for a laptop that is thin and light with easy access to the battery, RAM, Hard drive backlit keyboard would be nice along with battery life. Srceen size anywhere from 13-15 inch. Windows 10, i don't think it needs a touch screen.

Only will be used for general stuff word, excel web surf on line class youtube etc. No gaming have a  budget of $1,500 but of course i would like to spend way less :)

It is for the wife she wants a Apple of course but i dislike there stuff for as far as i know the battery can not be replaced very easily. She is getting a business degree so it's nothing CPU/GPU intense.

Would be a bonus if it where silver in color.

Does this laptop exist with windows?

Thanks in advanced.

Thinkpad. Imo the best laptops for Windows. You should also consider used / older models, which would save a buck. Replaceable battery (actually pretty much everything is replaceable in those) and upgradeable. Tons of models and specs, very big user base, saturated used market, lots of spare parts

DESKTOP PC - CPU-Z VALIDi5 4690K @ 4.70 GHz | 47 X 100.2 MHz | ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer | Enermax Liqmax II 240mm | EVGA GTX 1070Ti OC'd

HOME SERVER | HP ProLiant DL380 G7 | 2x Intel Xeon X5650 | 36GB DDR3 RDIMM | 5x 4TB LFF Seagate Constellation 7.2K | Curcial MX500 250GB | Ubuntu Server 20.04

Probably no silver color though, you'll have to stick with Boring Business Black

DESKTOP PC - CPU-Z VALIDi5 4690K @ 4.70 GHz | 47 X 100.2 MHz | ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer | Enermax Liqmax II 240mm | EVGA GTX 1070Ti OC'd

HOME SERVER | HP ProLiant DL380 G7 | 2x Intel Xeon X5650 | 36GB DDR3 RDIMM | 5x 4TB LFF Seagate Constellation 7.2K | Curcial MX500 250GB | Ubuntu Server 20.04

34 minutes ago, Tazz 316 said:

Looking for a laptop that is thin and light with easy access to the battery, RAM, Hard drive backlit keyboard would be nice along with battery life. Srceen size anywhere from 13-15 inch. Windows 10, i don't think it needs a touch screen.

Only will be used for general stuff word, excel web surf on line class youtube etc. No gaming have a  budget of $1,500 but of course i would like to spend way less :)

It is for the wife she wants a Apple of course but i dislike there stuff for as far as i know the battery can not be replaced very easily. She is getting a business degree so it's nothing CPU/GPU intense.

Would be a bonus if it where silver in color.

Does this laptop exist with windows?

Thanks in advanced.

you have to forget about replaceable battery, sure its replaceable but you have to open it.

as for premium feel  https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-pavilion-x360-laptop-15t-touch-8ge39av-1

Am i the only one that keeps a laptop long enough  that the battery dies?

okay. 

take a look at Lenovo thinkpads. they're all round solid and have the best keyboards in the industry. 

For the love of god dont buy a Mac, theyr really overpriced. 

even the Lenovo x1 carbon is an option. again hit lenovo. 

6 hours ago, Tazz 316 said:

Don't buy a new Lenovo ThinkPad. Here's why:

Spoiler

Recently, I bought two P1 Gen 2 laptops (pretty much the same as the X1E Gen 2) and one of them had a defective keyboard. That's completely unacceptable on a $2000 business laptop. Aside from that, battery life was also terrible (I was getting like 6 hours) and the materials just didn't feel expensive. Lenovo's quality control is garbage and you should avoid buying modern ThinkPads. On top of that, Lenovo's customer service is trash (they have a 1.7 star rating on Google) and the laptop's shipment was delayed like two weeks.

I returned both of them and bought a MacBook Pro 13" instead (it was actually cheaper than the P1 Gen 2) and I'm completely satisfied with that decision.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

39 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

Don't buy a new Lenovo ThinkPad. Here's why:

Hide contents

Recently, I bought two P1 Gen 2 laptops (pretty much the same as the X1E Gen 2) and one of them had a defective keyboard. That's completely unacceptable on a $2000 business laptop. Aside from that, battery life was also terrible (I was getting like 6 hours) and the materials just didn't feel expensive. Lenovo's quality control is garbage and you should avoid buying modern ThinkPads. On top of that, Lenovo's customer service is trash (they have a 1.7 star rating on Google) and the laptop's shipment was delayed like two weeks.

I returned both of them and bought a MacBook Pro 13" instead (it was actually cheaper than the P1 Gen 2) and I'm completely satisfied with that decision.

And are you happier that you switched from Windows to MacOS? I am also switching to MacOS for the first time and I never wanna touch anything coming from Microsoft again! I am sick of formatting, bugs, buggy updates, you name it.

Alienware m16 R1 | AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX | SK Hynix 64 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 RAM | GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB GDDR6 | 16" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) 240Hz, 3ms 300-nits Screen | 2x Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSDs + WD_BLACK SN770M 2TB SSD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 | Windows 11 Pro

1 hour ago, Ultra Male said:

And are you happier that you switched from Windows to MacOS?

Absolutely. I'm even seriously considering turning my desktop PC into a Hackintosh. I'll never buy a Windows laptop again.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones