New setup but slow?

Hi i upgraded my setup from a intel motherboard (no idea what make) to a z370p and new cpu from i5 2400 to 9400f and new ram dd3 12gb to dd4 24gb and a new psu corsair vs350 however my pc runs the same speed except when booting it takes longer to boot now. Im new to all this stuff im more of a mechanical minded guy i though i could build this pc and well i could and did (first time) also ive no idea how to do a bios update what i need and download or press and do no idea im new to this all sop any help would be helpful no pun intended and i apologize if this isnt in the right place or anything or if i broke a rule sorry.

Boot speed has to do with the os, boot drive speed, and the motherboard. More components / complexity can increase boot time. 

What were boot times before and what are they now?

Previous and current specs?

Moved to Troubleshooting. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I would check to make sure your ram is running at the correct speed by enabling “XMP” in your bios, check that your computer has the proper cpu updates from your motherboard manufacturer’s website, and also look into what apps are running at startup.

okay so my specs are

windows 10

corsair vengance 8gb ram x3

corsair cpu vs550

motherboard is gigabyte z370p

cpu is intel i5 9400f

and 3 uphere fans

hdd unknown as it was from a refurbished pc

ssd 240gb kingston

i did a refresh of windows it like reset it all or whatever and it says m,y windows isnt authentic so idk how to fix that im thinking should i buy a new ssd and a windows 10 usb and see if that works? so like remove hdd or keep it for storage and using the ssd just have windows? if so ive not a clue what to do so hsom e help would be needed?

12 minutes ago, Newkist said:

okay so my specs are

windows 10

corsair cpu vs550

cpu is intel i5 9400f

and 3 uphere fans

ssd 240gb kingston

i did a refresh of windows it like reset it all or whatever and it says m,y windows isnt authentic so idk how to fix that im thinking should i buy a new ssd and a windows 10 usb and see if that works? so like remove hdd or keep it for storage and using the ssd just have windows? if so ive not a clue what to do so hsom e help would be needed?

I would make a Windows 10 installer and do a fresh installation.

15 minutes ago, Newkist said:

okay so my specs are

windows 10

corsair cpu vs550

cpu is intel i5 9400f

and 3 uphere fans

ssd 240gb kingston

Refreshing should be fine. If you go into windows activation, there is a troubleshoot option that should help you re-activate your copy of windows (you might need to call a phone number. I would guess that your slow startup speed is caused by all of your ram running at half speed because you don’t have a second dimm for the 3rd 8gb stick to pair with. Look in your motherboard manual and check what the main two slots are for your ram, remove the third stick (that isn’t in the slots you use if you only have two sticks) and then restart and check your speeds.