Lenovo Legion Y740 15,6 vs 17 inch.

Greenfeuer
Hallo there folks! I torn between these two gaming laptops.
- Don´t mind the prices! I can get both on sale to around the same price :)

https://www.komplett.dk/product/1126690/gaming/gaming-pc/baerbar/lenovo-legion-y740-156-fhd-144hz

Lenovo Legion Y740 15,6" FHD 144Hz - Laptop Lenovo Legion Y740 15,6" FHD 144Hz - G-SYNC,GeForce RTX2070 8GB, Core i7-9750H, 32GB RAM, 1TB PCIe SSD,Windows 10H.

https://www.komplett.dk/product/1126700/gaming/gaming-pc/baerbar/lenovo-legion-y740-173-fhd-144hz

Lenovo Legion Y740 15,6" FHD 144Hz - Laptop Lenovo Legion Y740 15,6" FHD 144Hz - G-SYNC,GeForce RTX2070 8GB, Core i7-9750H, 32GB RAM, 1TB PCIe SSD,Windows 10H.

The 15,6 seems to be the best choice of what I have heard, apperently  it runs cooler and more silent, aswell as it having 500 nits where the 17 inch only has 300. The 17 got a numpad and better webcam placement, and numpad. I was kinda thinking of going 17, but due to rumors of heat issue with that model and the fact that 15,6 got 500 nits, I may go 15,6 instead. Any suggestions? - I will be using the laptop for studying aswell. 

I question myself if a 17 inch is worth giveing up 500 nits performance, along with rumors having it that it runs cooler and alot more silent on the 15,6 inch. Even tho an 17 inch seem lureing. 

Hope you folks can help me out :D

17inch for a laptop imo is huge. 

also, do you really need 32gb ram? what on earth are you trying to do?

10 minutes ago, Saksham said:

17inch for a laptop imo is huge. 

also, do you really need 32gb ram? what on earth are you trying to do?

It was on sale and cheaper than the 16GB version, simple as that. Else I would have picked the 16GB ram version probably if it wasn´t :) 

Don´t focus on the priceing and such here, only by the difference between the 17 inch and 15,6 version. 

7 minutes ago, Greenfeuer said:

It was on sale and cheaper than the 16GB version, simple as that. Else I would have picked the 16GB ram version probably if it wasn´t :) 

buy the 32gb and sell the extra ram. ez money

Just now, Saksham said:

buy the 32gb and sell the extra ram. ez money

I get your point, however, let´s not focus on the priceing and such here, only by the difference between the 17,3 inch and 15,6 version.

I just threw the links to show the specs really, I can get both around the same price. - So let´s focus on the difference between the two versions of the laptop :) 17 and 15 inch.  

Thanks for the suggestion tho. ;) 

I know someone with a 17" Lenovo Legion and I believe that he's quite happy with it (so much so that he's now going to sell his desktop, if I remember correctly). It really not that much bigger or heavier than my 15.6" laptop, so I guess that's fine. The fans do indeed ramp up quite a bit when gaming, but imo it wasn't that bad.

EDIT: I personally went from a 14" to a 15.6" laptop which was very much noticable, so going to 17.3" would be even better, I assume. :)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

3 minutes ago, TomvanWijnen said:

I know someone with a 17" Lenovo Legion and I believe that he's quite happy with it (so much so that he's now going to sell his desktop, if I remember correctly). It really not that much bigger or heavier than my 15.6" laptop, so I guess that's fine. The fans do indeed ramp up quite a bit when gaming, but imo it wasn't that bad.

EDIT: I personally went from a 14" to a 15.6" laptop which was very much noticable, so going to 17.3" would be even better, I assume. :)

A fair point! However the 300 vs 500 nits is where my curiousty is at too. - If they both had the same screen quaility I would have gone 17 inch in a heart beat probably :)