Good budget ryzen 3000 Motherboard

So I bought a msi b450 tomahawk max for my 3600x. It‘s a very good equipped board for around 110$, but it seems there is a severe problem with the bios that causes problems during boot and with graphics drivers. From what I have read on forums about this board, msi seems to have no intentions to solve this, since the problem has been there for several bios versions.

I‘m now looking for a similar Atx-motherboard with decent vrm‘s and audio thats not from msi. Any suggestions?

Sadly,if you want a B450 board with good VRM then MSI products are the best. Will mATX board suffice, or you really need ATX? MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC would be a good choice. For mATX Bazooka Plus and Mortar. 

Asus TUF X570 PLUS GAMING WIFI

GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE

These two boards are sub $200 board that can handle 3900x at stock and even oc 3900x.

17 minutes ago, RainingTacco said:

Sadly,if you want a B450 board with good VRM then MSI products are the best. Will mATX board suffice, or you really need ATX? MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC would be a good choice. For mATX Bazooka Plus and Mortar. 

From a hardware standpoint I‘m very happy with the tomahawk max, but I don‘t want to risk it with another msi board. Is the Aorus b450 pro a good choice in that regard?

1 minute ago, TheGrylix said:

From a hardware standpoint I‘m very happy with the tomahawk max, but I don‘t want to risk it with another msi board. Is the Aorus b450 pro a good choice in that regard?

It will run 3600x OCed but anything higher is a lottery. 

35 minutes ago, RainingTacco said:

It will run 3600x OCed but anything higher is a lottery. 

Nevermind. Just read it has a 1,3 vcore limit. Thats not even enough for pbo ?

1 hour ago, TheGrylix said:

So I bought a msi b450 tomahawk max for my 3600x. It‘s a very good equipped board for around 110$, but it seems there is a severe problem with the bios that causes problems during boot and with graphics drivers. From what I have read on forums about this board, msi seems to have no intentions to solve this, since the problem has been there for several bios versions.

I‘m now looking for a similar Atx-motherboard with decent vrm‘s and audio thats not from msi. Any suggestions?

I just built a pc for my mate with same board and cpu and had no issues. I did update to the latest bios tho. Have you tried this yet?

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

15 minutes ago, TheGrylix said:

Nevermind. Just read it has a 1,3 vcore limit. Thats not even enough for pbo ?

It should allow +0,3 vcore, so theoretically 1,4v. And thats on old bios, i didnt see a video with new bios, so that might have changed. You can always use ryzen master software to clock it higher. 

21 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

I just built a pc for my mate with same board and cpu and had no issues. I did update to the latest bios tho. Have you tried this yet?

Could be, but I found a whole forum site with people with the same problem they had since release. Also my issues started at random 2 weeks after I built the pc. And I‘m on the newest bios.

don't give up on the board yet, there is issue with all boards and weird Zen 2 behavior. Update to latest drivers and BIOS and wait, when i bought the B450 DS3H when it came out there was a lot of issues on that board, a couple months after release it was pretty much all sorted out, but the zen+ CPU were out for half a year. Zen 2 is new, give it some time for the dust to come down.

Main System: Ryzen 2700, Asus Crosshair VII Hero, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC, 970 EVO Plus NVMe, Crucial Ballistix 3200mhz CL14, CM H500, CM ML240L cpu cooler.

Second System: Ryzen 2400G, Gigabyte B450 DS3H, RX 580 Nitro+, Kingston A400 SSD, Team T-Force 3200mhz CL15

If it ain't overclocked it ain't good...

AM4 boards VRM rating list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

Buildzoid's AM4 motherboard roundup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti38JS8RuPU

41 minutes ago, Mathieu9836 said:

don't give up on the board yet, there is issue with all boards and weird Zen 2 behavior. Update to latest drivers and BIOS and wait, when i bought the B450 DS3H when it came out there was a lot of issues on that board, a couple months after release it was pretty much all sorted out, but the zen+ CPU were out for half a year. Zen 2 is new, give it some time for the dust to come down.

I know it‘s all new and this, but other brands also make it work. And I just can‘t rely on hope and luck, that my pc will work someday