No audio on MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX

Denyl

Hi,

I bought this mb these days, but I didn't find a way to make the audio work. I tried to insert my headphones's jack both in the rear and front panel. I installed all the drivers from MSI's website, I tried to install the driver from realtek s website too. It does not show on the volume panel or in device manager. Nothing works..

Could be that it's a windows problem. Did you upgrade a previous computer to have this? Did you reinstall windows if you did so?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

5 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Could be that it's a windows problem. Did you upgrade a previous computer to have this? Did you reinstall windows if you did so?

Just swaped all the parts except the gpu and then installed all the drivers from msi s website. The same ssd, didn't change anything. Is it a normal thing to reinstall the windows after you install a new mb?

3 minutes ago, Denyl said:

Just swaped all the parts except the gpu and then installed all the drivers from msi s website. The same ssd, didn't change anything. Is it a normal thing to reinstall the windows after you install a new mb?

Yes. You do so because windows may have difficulty swapping out old drivers for new ones and you'll find it combating itself

I would do a full reinstallation of windows.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

37 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Yes. You do so because windows may have difficulty swapping out old drivers for new ones and you'll find it combating itself

I would do a full reinstallation of windows.

I see! I will try it! Thanks! But there is no other way to test this? Is an computer that I use for work too and would take an awful long time to make an backup.

22 minutes ago, Denyl said:

HI! I Tried, it did not work.

And you are plugged in to the red port on the back? Have you checked to make sure the audio isn't muted in the audio control panel? I've managed to mute the audio inadvertently before (key combos or keyboard buttons).

If you click on the speaker icon in your system tray, it should bring up a list of audio output options. Make sure 'Speakers' (or anything labeled 'Realtek' audio) is selected, otherwise it might be trying to put audio to your monitor.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)

It does not show at all in the audio outputs options. Even the driver is not in device manager and I installed it multiple times

I have a b350 MSI motherboard and whenever I plug anything into the post MSI audio manager pops up and asks what type of out put I want to ue it as and will often let you pick from like 3 options won't work otherwise.

I don't have anything popping out. I don't have the driver at all. I also don't have the realtek manager in control panel

• 6 months later...

Hi.

I have the same problem on my b 450 tomahawk motherboard. Did you manage fixing ut? 

On 4/9/2020 at 7:32 PM, Spooki17 said:

Hi.

I have the same problem on my b 450 tomahawk motherboard. Did you manage fixing ut? 

Sadly, no! I went to buy an audio card instead

• 8 months later...