I need a portable laptop.

Darylxx

Hi I just bough a laptop for working but it has nvidia 1650 and drains out battery too fast.

I work on coding for about 12-16 hours a day, can you recommend me a laptop with long battery life and may be small and easy to carry with(but not neccessary)

It doesnt have to be a powerful laptop with powerful gpu or with high resolution screen. I just need it for coding.

6 minutes ago, Darylxx said:

Hi I just bough a laptop for working but it has nvidia 1650 and drains out battery too fast.

I work on coding for about 12-16 hours a day, can you recommend me a laptop with long battery life and may be small and easy to carry with(but not neccessary)

It doesnt have to be a powerful laptop with powerful gpu or with high resolution screen. I just need it for coding.

What do you want to spend and what brands do you like?

https://www.laptopmag.com/benchmarks/battery-life

21 minutes ago, Darylxx said:

Maybe you should look at the Surface line so its super portable and will do all your tasks and internet and all that jazz and what not.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

3 hours ago, Turtle Rig said:

Maybe you should look at the Surface line so its super portable and will do all your tasks and internet and all that jazz and what not.

They charge quite a premium over other manufactures though. I think the Surface Pro is a decent option if you are into that form factor but apart from that, I wouldn't buy a surface line device.

I have been using my Surface Pro 6 since the release day and it has been great! The display is one of the best you can get in this form factor, the pen support is also up there with decent front and rear cameras for a laptop. The battery lasts me around 9 hours of school work involving mostly MS Word, coding and browsing. I keep a lot of stuff open in the background so maybe you can extend that to 10 - 12 hours if you only code while on battery saver.

If you decide to get the surface, go for the Pro since the form factor is great and in case you wanna draw it helps a lot. Wait for the Microsoft event on 2nd October.

My only issue with this is that its not that powerful and starts to get sluggish with too many things open. I guess it has to do with my model being an i5 with 8GB ram. 16GB ram should fix it and of course no type-C which we might get this year.

Final thoughts, even though the surface is a great device, I'd say also checkout other options like HP, Lenovo or Dell at that price point.

On 9/28/2019 at 9:57 AM, Fr0st_P1xel said:

I have been using my Surface Pro 6 since the release day and it has been great! The display is one of the best you can get in this form factor, the pen support is also up there with decent front and rear cameras for a laptop. The battery lasts me around 9 hours of school work involving mostly MS Word, coding and browsing. I keep a lot of stuff open in the background so maybe you can extend that to 10 - 12 hours if you only code while on battery saver.

If you decide to get the surface, go for the Pro since the form factor is great and in case you wanna draw it helps a lot. Wait for the Microsoft event on 2nd October.

My only issue with this is that its not that powerful and starts to get sluggish with too many things open. I guess it has to do with my model being an i5 with 8GB ram. 16GB ram should fix it and of course no type-C which we might get this year.

Final thoughts, even though the surface is a great device, I'd say also checkout other options like HP, Lenovo or Dell at that price point.

Hi, thanks for the recommendation but apparently I just purchased Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen 7 as people say the keyboard is dope.

I dont know how this will turn out but I'm satisfied with my purchase anyway because  I just got a huge discount coupon from newsletter.