Random shutdown, doesn't boot after that

Hiya peeps!

I have posted regarding this topic previously (previous topic: 

)

Soo it's back... It all starts with a random shutdown and after that whenever I press the power button, it starts the booting sequence. Everything powers up for maybe half a second (computer does send a video signal to the monitor) but then the boot fails and refuses to react to the power button again. This to me seems peculiar as why it wouldn't react to power button again. Only way to make the power button react is to remove the power cable from the wall that the pc is completely removed from all power, flicking the power supply button isn't enough. At one point this made the os corrupt and had to go to a backup. After re-installing it worked for a while, but it was a short fix. So far I have tried the following:

-powering down normally and restarting

-disconnecting all the cables

-removing the power cable and turning the power button off at the back of the power supply (this resets the whole situation and at that point power button works once again)

-removing and re-installing the graphics card

-dusting the computer

-re-seating all the ram

-removing the CMOS battery

Somehow this seems like a short circuit somewhere but I have no idea how to diagnose it. I'll try diagnosing it tomorrow afternoon as soon as I get home from work. Any suggestions would be greatly helpful.

i7 6700k 4.5GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16Gb (2x8Gb) 3000Mhz, Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, WD Red 3TB + WD Green 2TB, Corsair Ax860i, Corsair H100i GTX, NZXT H440 Black w/tinted window, Asus ROG swift PG258Q 240Hz + Asus ROG swift PG279Q 165Hz

6 minutes ago, buttmademewiser said:

-removing the power cable and turning the power button off at the back of the power supply (this resets the whole situation and at that point power button works once again)

-dusting the computer

-re-seating all the ram

bad powersupply? are you sure your powersupply is not dying? there could be many reasons for this.

2 minutes ago, ughiwanthackintosh said:

bad powersupply? are you sure your powersupply is not dying? there could be many reasons for this.

I sure do hope that it isn't. Gonna have to check it tomorrow. 

i7 6700k 4.5GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16Gb (2x8Gb) 3000Mhz, Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, WD Red 3TB + WD Green 2TB, Corsair Ax860i, Corsair H100i GTX, NZXT H440 Black w/tinted window, Asus ROG swift PG258Q 240Hz + Asus ROG swift PG279Q 165Hz

27 minutes ago, buttmademewiser said:

Hiya peeps!

I have posted regarding this topic previously (previous topic: 

)

Soo it's back... It all starts with a random shutdown and after that whenever I press the power button, it starts the booting sequence. Everything powers up for maybe half a second (computer does send a video signal to the monitor) but then the boot fails and refuses to react to the power button again. This to me seems peculiar as why it wouldn't react to power button again. Only way to make the power button react is to remove the power cable from the wall that the pc is completely removed from all power, flicking the power supply button isn't enough. At one point this made the os corrupt and had to go to a backup. After re-installing it worked for a while, but it was a short fix. So far I have tried the following:

-dusting the computer

-re-seating all the ram

Somehow this seems like a short circuit somewhere but I have no idea how to diagnose it. I'll try diagnosing it tomorrow afternoon as soon as I get home from work. Any suggestions would be greatly helpful.

I would point my finger at the PSU.  It is not holding the ampage and causes shutdown.  I could be wrong, but Im confident with saying its the PSU and what not.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

If it turns off and back on this usually means insufficient power.

If it turns off and stays off this can mean a component is overheating.

If it turns off and stays off and won't respond to the power button and you have to flip the switch on the back. That's indicative of a short-circuit.

I would try replacing the PSU. Also check all your cables. See if any are broken.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE TIME
Sorry for the sudden no update situation. Had wrecking work weeks so I didn't really time to diagnose the problem.

So things went from bad to better back to bad again; the random shutdowns and reboot tries went a way for a few days so I finally got to complete bf 4 and 5 campaign (yay), but now it's back to the old situation again. Luckily I think I found the core reason of the problem. When this random shutdown happened, i saw that my psu selftest light was bright red instead of the usual green. Few quick google searches later it seems that I'm not the only one with corsair ax -series of power supply from few years ago. (this link writes the problem much more clearly than me: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=184816&page=2 ) I have contaced Corsair for a warranty replacement and am waiting for their response. Hopefully I get a new unit or they allow me to change to the newer ax850.