Hello Guys,

I have an HP External Hard Drive of model PX3100, recently when i tried to open some specific folder or file from the hard drive, for a few minutes Explorer will not respond and the drive will disconnect and reconnect automatically, 

so i thought of formatting the drive but while taking backup the same things happened like re-connecting with the same specific files and folders, some of the files were rar and iso so i tried to extract/mount then copy from it but no use it stopped in the mid way with an alert message "Either the File is corrupted or missing files" kind of thing.

After doing somethings i found out that MFT (Master File Table) is corrupted.

So what are the things I've Done.

1. Tried using chkdsk 

2. Tried using clean all 

3. Tried to repair mbr 

4. Tried all those three with Windows installation repair

5. Tried using Third Party Apps for repairing mbr and so

END RESULT - Nothing couldn't resolve anything.

If you guys know anything it would be helpful, i have spent lot of time and effort resolving this but couldn't, a normal quick surface test by a software took more than 6 hrs then think of how much time it would've taken for chkdsk and clean all commands and repeated for many times.

Note: This is the second time some problem arised in this hard drive, already there was a problem and replaced it since i had an warranty. And all this within 2 years.

I have another hard drive (Seagate) and I'm using it for more than 5 years, i didn't have any problems since now.

Now you might ask why did i even bought from hp, i bought it for an extra offer when i bought a hp laptop.

There are lot of weirdness going on hp products and i don't know why.

And finally sorry for this long message.

Screenshot (6).png

Screenshot (2).png

7 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

This seems like a bad drive to me. Nothing you can do to make it good. Just get a new drive. Drives will fail randomly

If this is the End of the Hard Drive, then let it die with my own hands when i see what's inside the hard drive...??

And Thanks for the Advice.??