Is iphone 11 pro worth it?

I have a s8 and it is a pretty good phone , but it shows it's age e.g. I need to do a factory reset on it from 6 months to 6 months because it starts to run slow. I want to buy a iphone because it is the most powerful phone and it should still be for 1 year. But I am not sure if I should buy it. I heard rumors that the iphone 12 will have finally a new design e.g. smaller notch , 120hz , 5g , touch id , but we talk about apple so we might not get anything.

I want to know if the wait is worth it or I should get the phone and fell good about it. What do you think?

Btw I am going to Jailbreak it for sure , ios isn't really what I need.

Short answer: wait for the 12. Long answer: depends on what you really want, if you just want a good smartphone for cheap the mi 9t or the pro variant of it are much better.( More ram, no notch, triple cam on the back, 4000mah battery) for the camera I'd recommend downloading google cam port but else it is a solid bundle.

5 minutes ago, Dropit said:

Short answer: wait for the 12. Long answer: depends on what you really want, if you just want a good smartphone for cheap the mi 9t or the pro variant of it are much better.( More ram, no notch, triple cam on the back, 4000mah battery) for the camera I'd recommend downloading google cam port but else it is a solid bundle.

i do think its great especially for 699$. but i do think the next iPhone will have similar feature with 11

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

I'd say get an android phone, oneplus 7 pro is for around the same price and is much better. Because having an iphone and not using the ios is kinda pointless as most of it's features are software.

4 hours ago, ISmokeAir said:

I have a s8 and it is a pretty good phone , but it shows it's age e.g. I need to do a factory reset on it from 6 months to 6 months because it starts to run slow. I want to buy a iphone because it is the most powerful phone and it should still be for 1 year. But I am not sure if I should buy it. I heard rumors that the iphone 12 will have finally a new design e.g. smaller notch , 120hz , 5g , touch id , but we talk about apple so we might not get anything.

I want to know if the wait is worth it or I should get the phone and fell good about it. What do you think?

If you can hold out for September 2020, do it -- but if you can't, don't feel bad about snagging an iPhone 11 Pro.  It'll still have great performance, a superb camera system and much better software updates.

With that said: when you say "iOS isn't really what I need," what do you mean?  Because you won't run Android on it.  Jailbreaks so far enable running unofficial mods of iOS, but Android... nope.  For that matter, I would try it with iOS as-is before making assumptions that you 'need' to jailbreak.  There are some customizations you can do with jailbreaks, of course, but you're not going to be wailing in agony because you can't perfectly tailor the home screen.

I'd add that you would lose many of the advantages of the iPhone by ditching iOS.  Part of why it's so fast is that iOS is much more efficient and hardware-optimized.  You see modern Android flagships shipping with 8GB or more of RAM because Android needs that extra RAM to do what iOS does with 4GB, for example.  So get the iPhone because of what Apple's already doing with it, not because you hope that unofficial software can make it better.

5 hours ago, Dropit said:

I am not going with Chinese brands , sorry

3 hours ago, huilun02 said:

It means you need to mind your app management and the limits of the phone. Under what circumstances does it become slow? If a factory reset fixes it, then is the phone really getting slow?

Do you have too many apps open? Or is storage full or near full?

I know , if I have my basic apps installed + one page full of apps that I use Frome time to time.I Don t have many apps open.

56 minutes ago, Commodus said:

If you can hold out for September 2020, do it -- but if you can't, don't feel bad about snagging an iPhone 11 Pro.  It'll still have great performance, a superb camera system and much better software updates.

With that said: when you say "iOS isn't really what I need," what do you mean?  Because you won't run Android on it.  Jailbreaks so far enable running unofficial mods of iOS, but Android... nope.  For that matter, I would try it with iOS as-is before making assumptions that you 'need' to jailbreak.  There are some customizations you can do with jailbreaks, of course, but you're not going to be wailing in agony because you can't perfectly tailor the home screen.

I'd add that you would lose many of the advantages of the iPhone by ditching iOS.  Part of why it's so fast is that iOS is much more efficient and hardware-optimized.  You see modern Android flagships shipping with 8GB or more of RAM because Android needs that extra RAM to do what iOS does with 4GB, for example.  So get the iPhone because of what Apple's already doing with it, not because you hope that unofficial software can make it better.

Ah , sorry I didn't mean that I am going to install iOS on it , I meant that if I don't like something , I can solve that problem just like on Android

1 hour ago, PacketMan said:

You should change your mindset, the "it should be good enough for at least one year"

I meant , compared to competition (snapdragon) . The A13 will have the same performance like the 865 or whatever name it will have.

1 hour ago, PacketMan said:

What about Google Pixel 4?

I will consider that.

5 hours ago, Dropit said:

I'd say get an android phone, oneplus 7 pro is for around the same price and is much better. Because having an iphone and not using the ios is kinda pointless as most of it's features are software.

Maybe the 7t , but the save doesn't have water resistance and that is a really big problem for me

1 hour ago, ISmokeAir said:

Maybe the 7t , but the save doesn't have water resistance and that is a really big problem for me

It's only kinda true, first of all it does have some water protection, but they didn't buy a IP rating. Just look at the video.

1 hour ago, ISmokeAir said:

Also if you really need a waterproof phone that IS waterproof look at some CAT phones

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

Can afford an iPhone 11 Pro and want water resistance?

Then get the S10+

?

Why would you do that? The 11 pro is the market leader when it comes to water resistance

Just now, huilun02 said:

Can afford an iPhone 11 Pro and want water resistance?

Then get the S10+

?

Because i am kind of done with samsung and the s10 has one of the worst fingerprint scaner. Plus I want to get more software support then 2 android versions.

Just now, Dropit said:

Also if you really need a waterproof phone that IS waterproof look at some CAT phones

I dont need more water resistance then ip68. I just take sowers with my phone and the s8 does it s job

Just now, PacketMan said:

The operating system and the structure of each app are quite different, it's not just about the chip, if you run the same benchmarks on the same OS the results could be a lot different (or could not), everyone knows the chips are going to get tested on benchmarks so there are a lot of tricks to get higher scores and that's why you will see the Snapdragon 800 series with different results depending on the manufacturer

You won't see the difference between the SD 660 and the 855 probably, let alone the 865 and A13, there are not that many power user cases with smartphones for now

I know , but the pwrformance frome the iphone 11 will bethe same as the note 11 that will probably released next year

I dont own an 11 Pro but I do have a Xs Max and I've used multiple android flagships this year before that. The iPhone will be in a league of its own when it comes to fluidity and performance. Battery life on my Xs Max has been great and the 11 pro embarrasses it with its exceptional battery life. The triple camera set up is meant to be on par if not better than the pixel and the software support is in a league of its own, you'll get 4-5 years of updates compared to androids meager two. This last point may not be all that relevant if you keep your phone a long time but resell value is very strong on iPhones dropping around 10-15 percent a year (at least here in Ireland) compared to android which sucks, I lost 35% on my galaxy s10 after 4 months.

I think that i am going to wait for the pixel 4 and if I don t like it go for the 11 pro and feel good about it. And maybe sell it when the 12 comes out. Thanks for all your help. U awesome!

5 hours ago, Mickey Mouse said:

Wait until next year cause 5g.

For me , it isn t a big thing , because i don t leave in us , and in my city i have 50 mb+ and as far as i know the curent 5g devices run hotter

On 9/22/2019 at 5:18 AM, ISmokeAir said:

the 2020 iphone, imo, will be the one that is worth the money.. the reasons you listed are not present on the 2019 models.. Also, good luck with trying to jailbreak a new iphone.. It's practically impossible due to apple's strict control over the operating system..

On 9/24/2019 at 4:06 AM, Mickey Mouse said:

Wait until next year cause 5g.

5g is basically useless at this point, its in about 5 cities in america, spotty as all hell and turns your phone into a portable heater with terrible battery life. It'll be years before its ready and buying 5g variants of phones now is basically throwing away money. I highly doubt Apple will add in 5G next year because of all this, maybe the following year for the S variant but I'm skeptical about that too.

On 9/27/2019 at 6:45 AM, Radioactive Snowman said:

5g is basically useless at this point, its in about 5 cities in america, spotty as all hell and turns your phone into a portable heater with terrible battery life. It'll be years before its ready and buying 5g variants of phones now is basically throwing away money. I highly doubt Apple will add in 5G next year because of all this, maybe the following year for the S variant but I'm skeptical about that too.

I believe Apple will -- it likely made that truce with Qualcomm because it wanted 5G modems in a timely fashion for 2020, and it wasn't going to get that with Intel.  5G will still be pretty fresh in September 2020, but it should at least have more reasonable coverage and far more efficient chips.  Remember how the first LTE phones were hot trash (the HTC Thunderbolt in particular), but the second gen was much, much better?  That could repeat with 5G devices.