Should I get the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO?

afaq0

Hi. I've been playing some call of duty modern warfare and I have noticed that my GPU and CPU get quite hot. This occurs with many games. They touch 73 C which is not too bad but my fans go loud and my case is hot everywhere. 

I'm thinking about replacing my stock fans and CPU coolers with some new ones.

Do you recommend replacing the stock CPU cooler that came with the Ryzen 1500X, with the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO?

How much would it help?

I'll also replace the fan that came with the case with a Noctua NF-P12 so that air can move out more efficiently. 

@Faisal A Thank you. The ARCTIC Freezer Xtreme looks great. I will likely purchase this CPU cooler. 

I'm not too familiar with the installation process. Would these CPU coolers be compatible with nearly every CPU and motherboard as long as there is space?

@Faisal A I have a Ryzen 1500X. My budget is around £35. I am still looking if I can find the motherboard name lol. (It's by Asus but i'll find the name soon)

73C is not hot at all. Tweak your fan curve to allow the CPU to run hotter at a lower fan RPM if noise is your concern. The case being hot to the touch is not an issue.

:)

@Faisal A Thank you for the suggestions. That AIO has many reviews, which say that leaks occur so I won't try that one. I will definitely consider your other two suggestions. Which do you think would be better. The Deepcool gammax or ARCTIC Freezer Xtreme?

@seon123 Ah. Thank you. My concern has been reduced. I'll still have a look around but it's nice to know that the heat is not an issue. 

Just now, Faisal A said:

@seon123 Cooler CPUs last longer then hot ones

The difference between running at 73C vs 90C for a few hours some days a week won't matter. Using those £30 elsewhere would also benefit them more. Whether it places them closer to another, more substantial upgrade, or just allowing them to get a higher end CPU.

:)

4 hours ago, Faisal A said:

@seon123 Cooler CPUs last longer then hot ones

That's needless fear mongering. It's quite different to run CPU at designed temps some hours daily than running it at 90C all the time.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv