Huawei Confirms Mate 30 Pro Won't Come With Google Apps

jiyeon

You all do realise Huawei were planning to do this anyway? They just had to get it out sooner because they got forced to not use google. Instead of using google apps while they "perfected" the platform then abandoning google altogether, yeah ?

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

This could be bad for Huawei. A lack of a large, established app ecosystem is part of what killed Firefox OS, Windows Phone and Blackberry OS.

1 hour ago, Nowak said:

This could be bad for Huawei. A lack of a large, established app ecosystem is part of what killed Firefox OS, Windows Phone and Blackberry OS.

None of those had a billion users domestic market where Huawei absolutely dominates. And there are clearly still ppl who want Huawei outside China too. Which is why I'm saying Huawei could pull it off with their own OS for as long as it's Android compatible. And if bootloader will be open, people will install things their way. Huawei makes the most money from hardware, just like Apple so that makes perfect sense from their perspective.

2 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

None of those had a billion users domestic market where Huawei absolutely dominates. And there are clearly still ppl who want Huawei outside China too. Which is why I'm saying Huawei could pull it off with their own OS for as long as it's Android compatible. And if bootloader will be open, people will install things their way. Huawei makes the most money from hardware, just like Apple so that makes perfect sense from their perspective.

I guess, but that was still a factor that hurt those operating systems in the long run.

Maybe their already-strong domestic market will keep them from failure. I dunno.