Rap Music..

TRCornishboy

Can I ask your opinions on rap music?

For an English assignment at college I had to come up with a subject in which a tipical arguement could arise, unfortunately my teacher would not allow video games *grumble grumble*

So I can up with my next loved thing, rap music. I'm a big fan across the board, especially Eminem & Logic. But what do you guys think?

Tipical Rap is amount money bitches and whores. I can understand that but this is highly stereotypical of mainstream. It's generally not. It's developed from what Eminem has created with story telling. For example, a group Eminem manages himself rap about some life changing events in the song Goodbye.

Not going to lie I even cried the first time I listened to this, lyrics and the power behind what certain people can do them really change music. 

I understand that most of todays rap is crap. Lil Wayne etc etc. but if you delve deeper into people that actually put work into it. Logic is a bloody good example for instance, going since he was 16 and now he's 24 and he's not made a dime from his music. It's all free online, and people love his work. Anyway I'm going a bit Off Topic.

What are your guys views on Rap music as a whole? and deeper within? 

Please give valid opinions on it not just crap please.

Before you ask, I do like rap music but I don't go stabbing kids..

Rap's either very good or very bad.

It's pretty hard to make a rap song,because you have to be very expressive,without the help of the music itself.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

i believe that raps like singing pomes more then stores thats why i like it, however i dont like the whole gangsta and thug associations with it. yes rap was a mainly african american thing to try and strike out against their masters during the salve times but i have no clue how thugs and such came along, sure there are many good songs because of the thugs in rap but i still dont understand the association with it all. but raps a cool type of music in my opinion 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

to tell you the truth i don't like "most" of them  :)

it doesn't feel like music to me because i mostly enjoy the effects and different instruments of a song so yea... different people have different likes.

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

I like metal and heavy rock. I don't listen to rap but if some rap comes on I won't instantly turn it off. It depends on how good that rap song is or how bad the song is. I don't care about the artist being controversial. If the music is good I will listen to it, if it is not I turn it off. Although I do see a theme, I usually prefer 90s rap like RUN DMC and Public enemy but I suppose that is more hip-hop though.

CPU: Phenom 1090T, Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 RAM: Generic 8GB 1600MHz GPU: MSI Radeon R9 270 HDDs: 2 Scavenged 160GB drives (I lost my 500GB one and I don't know how) SSD: Samsung 840 evo120GB  OS: Windows 7 Case: Bitfenix merc beta PSU: Corsair CX 600W

This is why I made this topic, you 4 have helped a brother out here, I can respect the fact that you may not like Rap or Hip-Hop (depending on what you call it) I also don't like "thug life" as it's been described, or more commonly known as "Gangsta rap" but I don't mind te odd bit of 50 Cent. But we all have opinions and opinions is what makes this world go around. Thanks for the help!

In short, newer rap is crap. In long form, Rap is a no talent so called music that pretty much degrades everything and anything that comes out the rappers mouths, oh and lets not forget that they gloat in what they can afford and have, like there rims and crap. I remember back in the day, most rap was actually really good but, today's rap is absolutely horrible and I for one refuse to give them any of my money.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

@TRCornishboy

Here's some Romanian rap :

What'ya think about it?The message is "Live your dream".

Off-topic:

I just got an ad : "Download rap samples".

Google knows everything!

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

In short, newer rap is crap. In long form, Rap is a no talent so called music that pretty much degrades everything and anything that comes out the rappers mouths, oh and lets not forget that they gloat in what they can afford and have, like there rims and crap. I remember back in the day, most rap was actually really good but, today's rap is absolutely horrible and I for one refuse to give them any of my money.

You have to stop listening to rap on the radio and listen to real rap. Go give jcole - born sinner album a listen to.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

Most people think Rap is crap, because all the Rap songs they here is some shit from Lil' Wayne, Drake, or any other YMCMB shit.

Most of the good Rap comes from people that have gotten famous in the 90's/00's. A lot of the great rappers are underground rappers, too.

I mostly listen to: Eminem, Royce, Dr.Dre, LL Cool J, Cypress Hill, Ice Cube, Nas, Immortal Technique, The Game (The older stuff), Biggie, T.I, Nate Dogg, Snoop Dogg, and so many more. Compare these guys to the shit rappers from YMCMB. 

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

You have to stop listening to rap on the radio and listen to real rap. Go give jcole - born sinner album a listen to.

I will give Jcole a try. :)

I mostly listen to: Eminem, Royce, Dr.Dre, LL Cool J, Cypress Hill, Ice Cube, Nas, Immortal Technique, The Game (The older stuff), Biggie, T.I, Nate Dogg, Snoop Dogg, and so many more. Compare these guys to the shit rappers from YMCMB. 

^ this is all old school rappers and I agree, these guys are good. For me its all this new rap that is crap, that i just can not stand and the words they try to rhyme to their so called songs are some times not even a real words.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I usually listen to Eminem and Dr. Dre .etc I like it

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I will give Jcole a try. :)

He has a old school sound which is why I recommend him but there are other new artists that are amazing also but I figured he would be the best since he has the sound you might like.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

Emineeeem the RAP GOD!

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

@DISCO BALL! It''s quite good, but I like listening to the same ones over and over :L If you could see my iTunes library you'd see it's fall of the "legends" of Hip-Hop.

I'm also glad we're all on the same page against "Young Money" as they're known, however I don't actually dislike Drake, some of Drake's stuff isn't that bad. Of course it's got nothing on Em :P.

Rapping isn't music.

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Like every genre, there is bad, and there is good.

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

What is the key difference between a Bitch and a Whore? 

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

After not liking it for such a long time, thanks to today's artists, I went back into some older songs, preferrably Eminem, and I love it. All of this new stuff is just full of fat guys, disgusting potheads, and this image that is burned into your head.

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

I hate rap that is generic in terms of being about women money drugs etc, but if it isnt just about that i dont hate it. Even if it isnt my preferred genre.

I dislike rap generally. I admit I am not an avid music listener but I find that rap has fairly little diversity in terms of the actual non vocals instrumentals. And even beyond that the mainstream rap is all about money or drugs or just general stupid shit. I think raps that are meant to be funny or a parody like Epic Rap battles are good but I dislike the genre overall. That is my opinion and I would appreciate people not trying to change it but those are my two cents.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Modern mainstream rap is just tragic and shallow and to me painful to listen to and I feel like I am loosing IQ points at a rapid rate while listening to it.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

What is the key difference between a Bitch and a Whore? 

Bitch is someone that annoys you, a whore is a prossie? :L

Rapping isn't music.

This is the opinion that I hate. It is...

I can respect the latest opinions though, the general perception on rap has been dugs and women lately because of people like Lil Wayne etc. If you want real rap and a bedtime story go listen to an Eminem album ;)

I like rap music, it can be about anything so long as the beat and melody is right, and the lyrics mean something.

Here are few examples.

Such a good track :)

I like some rap music, not really my thing though.

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.3 ghz | Corsair H60 (Push/Pull)|  8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1.6 ghz | Sapphire HD 7870 Oc'd | Biostar TA970 MOBO OCZ 750w  PSU | 2TB HDD + 120gb Kingston V300 SSD| Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer Case | SoundBlaster Audigy SE  Windows 7                                                                                      "I am a leaf on the wind, watch me..."   "You know nothing Jon Snauhh" "Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

/Steam Profile/Folding@home stats/TekSyndicate Fourms/  \m/  RIP David Gold (1980-2011) \m/ RIP Peter Steele (1962-2010) \m/ RIP Chuck Schuldiner (1967-2001) \m/ RIP Dio (1942-2010) \m/ RIP Cliff Burton (1962-1986) \m/ RIP Dime (1966-2004)