Hi everybody

Thready

Hey guys. I'm new to the site. I was here in 2013 and I had one of those bronze badges for a financial contribution to the site but I haven't been here in 5 years and I don't have the login info anymore.

I'm a nice guy who likes helping new builders when I can. I like to think my expertise is in price/performance knowledge because I've always only had money for low/midrange systems and price/performance goes a long way when you have to save money. 

In my free time I'm a photographer and I'm thinking of maybe entering a counseling profession or teaching computers. I haven't decided. My short term goal is to find part time work teaching. 

Anyway, that's me. 

Photographer, future counselor, computer teacher.

3600X and RTX 2070 with too many storage drives to count. 

3 hours ago, will4623 said:

welcome we will not let you leave.

Lol ok!

I just had a spammer comment on my welcome message. I thought someone was stopping by to say hi :( 

10 hours ago, Thready said:

I just had a spammer comment on my welcome message. I thought someone was stopping by to say hi :( 

Let's just hope he was just trying to do a variation on the early 2000's forum welcome message:

Hi, welcome!!

Hope you enjoy your stay. Don't worry, we don't bite... MUCH! LOL!
Just kiddingg ;) 

or something like that..

On that note, I see you have been here for a while already, so 'welcome' would not be quite appropriate.. So I can only say hope you have been enjoying your time on the forum sine joining.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

4 hours ago, minibois said:

Let's just hope he was just trying to do a variation on the early 2000's forum welcome message:

or something like that..

On that note, I see you have been here for a while already, so 'welcome' would not be quite appropriate.. So I can only say hope you have been enjoying your time on the forum sine joining.

Thanks. Yeah he was spamming some hate video he uploaded to YouTube about Linus. 

17 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

hi

Hi there

Hi there @Thready Im trying to build a Gaming PC, my budget is of around USD1600, I research a lot so any pointers you could give me would be more than welcome, Thanks a lot.

Cheers from New Zealand

9 minutes ago, Tucci149 said:

Hi there @Thready Im trying to build a Gaming PC, my budget is of around USD1600, I research a lot so any pointers you could give me would be more than welcome, Thanks a lot.

Cheers from New Zealand

could you repost this in New builds Sub forum 

this post wasnt intended to help members with new builds 

I have added a link incase below  youre not sure where the subforum is 

New builds and planning

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

36 minutes ago, Tamesh16 said:

could you repost this in New builds Sub forum 

this post wasnt intended to help members with new builds 

I have added a link incase below  youre not sure where the subforum is 

New builds and planning

Great! Thank you for your help.

3 hours ago, Tucci149 said:

Cheers from New Zealand

Hi friend. I think this post would be best answered in "New builds and planning" and I can just say that you need to ask yourself what your intended use is, like do you want to game or use it as a workstation? And then if you're gaming, what resolution you want to play at. Then buy parts for that resolution.

19 hours ago, Thready said:

Hi friend. I think this post would be best answered in "New builds and planning" and I can just say that you need to ask yourself what your intended use is, like do you want to game or use it as a workstation? And then if you're gaming, what resolution you want to play at. Then buy parts for that resolution.

Ok, great. Thank you