I think i killed my cpu or mobo

So i tried to do overclocking without thinking because im an idiot, and out of nowhere my pc would randomly reboot, so i got rid of the overclock and factory reset everything and wiped my drives and put everything back to normal but now my pc just keeps freezing. i have a r7 1700x  and i put it at 1.6 volts i beleive and 2.8 GHz. i just wanted to know how you can tell if you broke your pc or not haha. EDIT: my mobo (msi b450m gaming plus) has the red CPU light blink when it is turned on after clearing CMOS)

ummmm.... 1.6v???? are you sure you reset the BIOS?

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

4 minutes ago, cookiemon636 said:

i have a r7 1700x  and i put it at 1.6 volts

:| 1.6V? That's way too high.

Clear motherboard CMOS to reset the settings back to defaults and leave it at defaults.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

7 minutes ago, Spotty said:

:| 1.6V? That's way too high.

Clear motherboard CMOS to reset the settings back to defaults and leave it at defaults.

how do i clear cmos

If your motherboard doesn't have a Clear CMOS button or jumper on the motherboard, then unplug the PSU and remove the small silver button battery from the motherboard. Leave it a few minutes then put the battery back in and plug it back in. Should 'forget' the BIOS settings and go back to defaults.

If you can still get in to the BIOS settings there might also be a revert to defaults option in there which should be easier.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

12 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

ummmm.... 1.6v???? are you sure you reset the BIOS?

idk how to reset bios but i do have a bio flashback button, any tips? im really bad with computer crap other than cable management lmao

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

If your motherboard doesn't have a Clear CMOS button or jumper on the motherboard, then unplug the PSU and remove the small silver button battery from the motherboard. Leave it a few minutes then put the battery back in and plug it back in. Should 'forget' the BIOS settings and go back to defaults.

If you can still get in to the BIOS settings there might also be a revert to defaults option in there which should be easier.

i have a bios flashback and i used AMD ryzen master to do the OC 

take the psu cable out and take out small silver battery that is somewhere on the mobo, keep it out for couple seconds, put it back in and turn on like always.

1 minute ago, wojtepanik said:

take the psu cable out and take out small silver battery that is somewhere on the mobo, keep it out for couple seconds, put it back in and turn on like always.

aight imma do that

2 minutes ago, madprofessor207 said:

What is the make and model of your Motherboard?

MSI b450 gaming plus, im hoping if I damaged something it was the mobo bc I'm planning on getting a new one anyway

Just now, cookiemon636 said:

MSI b450 gaming plus, im hoping if I damaged something it was the mobo bc I'm planning on getting a new one anyway

mobo tends to be more fragile for things like this, but if you managed to really push 1.6v your cpu might also be dead

Chances are your CPU sees the 1.6V and is just like "Nnnnope, nope nope nope!" and shuts down in panic.

3700X | NH-D15 | X470-F | 2x16GB @3200MHz | RTX 2060 Ventus OC

RM650x | Fractal Design R4 | NVMe 970 EVO Plus 512GB | SATA 850 EVO 512GB

<Build Log>

Just now, madprofessor207 said:

image.png.3b8c75febcefd790067692a50bea537d.pngimage.png.2557b81f548b91327fd19d48bed23fb7.png

So I did that and booted the PC but my mobo is flashing the CPU light on the side of it, I think I fucked up big time lmao