Suggestions for a router/wifi mesh that can throttle speeds on a specific SSID?

captain_to_fire

I will soon have people living in my apartment for six months and I was wondering if there are routers/wireless APs/mesh WiFi solutions that allows me to throttle the speeds on the SSID I’m sharing to them? 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Most low-tier routers should have a QoS implementation. I can say with certainty that Asus routers allow you to control the various networks and types of traffic. Anything that can be flashed with DD-WRT should have the same/better capability too.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, mynameisjuan said:

@captain_to_fire Mikrotik or Ubuquiti is the way to go if you need SSID policing/shaping

Isn’t those made for enterprises? I only live in a small apartment with one bedroom.

1 minute ago, captain_to_fire said:

Isn’t those made for enterprises? I only live in a small apartment with one bedroom.

They are prosumer but will do what you need and more in the future if you need it to. This is the best consumer router on the market, cheap, powerful, very reliable

https://www.amazon.com/MikroTik-RBD52G-5HacD2HnD-TC-Dual-Concurrent-802-11a-Ethernet/dp/B079SD8NVQ/ref=sr_1_2?crid=16TYMJYXNJ6PV&keywords=mikrotik+hap+ac2&qid=1568254765&sprefix=mikrotik+%2Caps%2C145&sr=8-2

6 hours ago, mynameisjuan said:

They are prosumer but will do what you need and more in the future if you need it to. This is the best consumer router on the market, cheap, powerful, very reliable

https://www.amazon.com/MikroTik-RBD52G-5HacD2HnD-TC-Dual-Concurrent-802-11a-Ethernet/dp/B079SD8NVQ/ref=sr_1_2?crid=16TYMJYXNJ6PV&keywords=mikrotik+hap+ac2&qid=1568254765&sprefix=mikrotik+%2Caps%2C145&sr=8-2

Thanks