Fps drops and stuttering on most games - Good PC - TIRED OF THIS

Hi guys, i've been having this problem for a while now and i decided to create this post because i don't know what else to try. I'm sorry for my english, i'm not a native english speaker but i'll try my best. My PC is pretty new and since i had it i've always had microstutters on CS:GO, PUBG and Fortnite mostly. I've noticed that on CSGO if i enable Vsync it feels smoother but, of course, you can feel the input lag. However i have a 144hz monitor so i'm not planning on having vsync on, it's just worthless BUT i can't since i have this microstutters that i can't surpass having it off. IT'S NOT ONLY ONLINE, I HAD THIS STUTTERS AS WELL ON THE WITCHER 3 AND, IF I PLAY AGAINST BOTS ON CS IT WILL HAPPEN AS WELL.

The stutters are like this: You are moving around a little bit and then it freezes for about... 0.1 secs and then turns back to normal again. I'll post a video later so you can understand a little bit better.

This is my rig:

Motherboard MSI Z370-A-PRO
i7 - 8700k Stock clocks
RTX 2080
PSU Thermaltake TP Grand rgb 850w 80 gold plus
BenQ 144hz monitor
16GB RAM Ballistix Crucial DDR4 3000mhz

I checked the temperatures and they seem pretty normal to me, the CPU never goes above 55° while gaming and the GPU never goes above 82° even at full power. I tried a lot of things as well:

-I did a fresh install of Windows 10 many times
-I disabled the Win 10 Game bar
-I rolled back to older drivers and didn't work either
-I run Malwarebytes and other antivirus services
-I tried capping the FPS in game but the stutter was still there
-I tried Windows 10 version 1607. I've heard many people saying that this version was causing less trouble compared to the others. It was the same for me honestly.
-I deleted the drivers using DDU in safe mode and reinstalled again.
-I update ALL drivers using Driver Booster 5 PRO.
-I updated Realtek Drivers.
-I updated the BIOS to the latest version.

Seriously guys i don't know what else i can do, i tried everything my mind and my google searching could. If you could lend me your knowledge i will be very thankful.

6 minutes ago, InfinityVive said:

You may have a secret rootkit that copies and pastes itself in so many partitions so you would still have the virus after re-installing windows, Try MSI afterburner and see if you CPU or GPU usage reaches max while playing any intensive games... And if it reaches maximum then there is a secret crypto-coin virus on your PC so try using malwarebytes ani-rootkit program, Not anti-malware.... You can download malware bytes anti-rootkit from here: https://www.malwarebytes.com/antirootkit/

The other probability is that your HDD or SSD is too slow, Try crystal disk and if your read/write speed is lower than 100 MB/s you better replace the HDD/SSD, And if you are using an HDD try also defragmenting it... Good luck pal...

If on a fresh insatll its messed up then sometimes is up.  Besides the two games you mentioned do any games work fine ?

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

8 minutes ago, InfinityVive said:

You may have a secret rootkit that copies and pastes itself in so many partitions so you would still have the virus after re-installing windows, Try MSI afterburner and see if you CPU or GPU usage reaches max while playing any intensive games... And if it reaches maximum then there is a secret crypto-coin virus on your PC so try using malwarebytes ani-rootkit program, Not anti-malware.... You can download malware bytes anti-rootkit from here: https://www.malwarebytes.com/antirootkit/

The other probability is that your HDD or SSD is too slow, Try crystal disk and if your read/write speed is lower than 100 MB/s you better replace the HDD/SSD, And if you are using an HDD try also defragmenting it... Good luck pal...

All right, i'll try this later and post after. Thanks for the answer.

1 minute ago, Turtle Rig said:

If on a fresh insatll its messed up then sometimes is up.  Besides the two games you mentioned do any games work fine ?

Actually yes! FIFA 19 and F1 2019 work really smooth. But on CS GO, Witcher 3 and Fortnite (For example) it stutters.

Just now, InfinityVive said:

Oh and one more thing, Activate G-Sync and triple buffering, It may help

Sadly i don't have Gsync or AMD free sync. My monitor doesn't support it. I disable TB because i try to play with vsync off.

Just now, InfinityVive said:

Did turning on V-sync help?

Not really. I tried on the witcher 3 and it was the same.

VSYNC is not useless at 144hz, and IMO is the best time to use vsync, unless you are in E-Sports or something (even then it probably doesn't make that much of a difference)

It might just be the only thing wrong.

Desktop:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @3.75* RAM: 2 by 8gb G.Skill Flare X 2400 @2666* GPU Strix GTX 1070 @1880-ish

Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 500gb; 2x 2tb Seagate Barracuda Drives; 1tb hdd (It died after 4 years :();

Laptop: (HP Stream 11-y010nr "Spent all my money on my Desktop" Edition)

CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 @160 BILLION hertz RAM: 400 BILLION bytes Samsung DDR3L @160 BILLION hertz 

GPUIntel HIGH DEFINITION Graphics @32 BILLION hertz

Storage: 32 TRILLION bytes of SOLID STATE emmc C drive with 64 TRILLION bytes of SOLID STATE microSD card D drive.

*Overclocked around 25% of the time... questionably stable.

It actually adds input lag and makes it a little bit uncomfortable but, however, it still stutters with or without vsync as far as i concern.

2 hours ago, InfinityVive said:

Ok, i did what you said and MalwareBytes didn't find any threat. I ran CrystalDisk and this are the results. I don't know what it means so i'll leave the picture so you can see it. Any advice you have left will be welcomed guys!

image.png.b615abe853f32c810dfb1f53eede45b2.png

UPDATE: Ok guys i realised that my RAM was operating underclock at 2133mhz so i raised to 3000mhz and The Witcher 3 now runs MUCH better. There are a little hiccups here and there but OVERALL the experience is MUCH SMOOTHER. I still have trouble dealing with Cs Go and Minecraft for example. But i must say the stutter is different in both games:

-In Minecraft the stutter is minimum while you're running mostly but you can see it and feel it when you play. 

-In CS:GO is bigger because you can see it freezes for 0.2 secs and then goes on.

I'll post a video here so you can see the problem. I'll try to post videos for both games.

Never mind, stutter in the Witcher 3 came back again. It seems to be super random but the stutter goes away and then returns, is super annoying. I'll leave here a video of TW3 so you can see:

I must add that everytime this 'stuttering' happens my cpu stops making noise and when the stutters goes away the CPU starts making the sound again. It's so weird i don't even know anymore

Welcome in club you won't find fix here. Try other place. 

Try drivers 417.71 

7 hours ago, JohnyBravo69 said:

Welcome in club you won't find fix here. Try other place. 

Try drivers 417.71 

Just looking for some options 

1 hour ago, InfinityVive said:

This might not help but try playing on a G-sync monitor with G-sync on... Because I see that you have terrible tearing, That MIGHT cause stutters... Because if MSI afterburner doesn't detect these stutters as 1% lows or 0.1% lows then the problem is in your monitor, As I said try a G-sync monitor...

But i don't have a g-sync monitor and where i live is pretty expensive lol. If i enable vsync it's the same, i don't really see tearing when i play without vsync. I could try with another monitor but... how can a monitor cause stutter? I don't get it.

Might be a long shot but check to ensure you have the latest bios version. Observe your cpu clocks with HWMonitor while playing some of these games on a second monitor. In particular check to see if the cpu is downclocking itself while under load. I used to have a Ryzen 7 1700 that would downclock itself quite a bit while playing games, causing these irritating stutters. The issue was eventually corrected with a bios update.

Intel Core i7 9700F / Cooler Master 212 Evo / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 2666MHz / GA-B365M-DS3H / EVGA 500w PSU

HP Pavilion Gaming 15 / Ryzen 5 4600H / GeForce GTX 1050 / 8 GB @ 3200MHz

1 minute ago, Brent744 said:

Might be a long shot but check to ensure you have the latest bios version. Observe your cpu clocks with HWMonitor while playing some of these games on a second monitor. In particular check to see if the cpu is downclocking itself while under load. I used to have a Ryzen 7 1700 that would downclock itself quite a bit while playing games, causing these irritating stutters. The issue was eventually corrected with a bios update.

I updated my bios a month ago thinking that could be the issue but it wasn't. If the CPU would be downclocking itself then i would notice this stutter in all games, correct if i'm wrong but, from what i can tell, i have games that actually run smooth. Like i said before Fifa 19, F1 2019 and GTA V for example run smooth with no problems at all and those 3 games are maxed out.

Just throwing this in, have you cleaned your CPU recently? Sounds like your your CPU may be overheating.....

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

41 minutes ago, GamerDude said:

Just throwing this in, have you cleaned your CPU recently? Sounds like your your CPU may be overheating.....

I can guarantee there's no problem with temps, my CPU never goes above 60 degrees on full load playing heavy games like battlefield V or The Witcher 3. That's the first thing i checked.

Try increasing current limit in bios to maximum.

I get the feeling your motherboard's stock CPU settings are wacky.

In fact, apply a modest manual OC and see if that changes anything.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

7 hours ago, Plutosaurus said:

Try increasing current limit in bios to maximum.

I get the feeling your motherboard's stock CPU settings are wacky.

In fact, apply a modest manual OC and see if that changes anything.

'

Try increasing current limit in bios to maximum.' I don't get this. How i should do this?

22 minutes ago, luzbelivo said:

'

Try increasing current limit in bios to maximum.' I don't get this. How i should do this?

He's referring to your cpu frequency. Your cpu runs at 3.7 with a boost to 4.7, on auto settings there's actually only a couple cores that boost really well. A modest OC might be to OC all cores into 4.2 or 4.4. That way you will have all cores running at the same speed without any drops. I believe this may sort out your problem as well.

I experience frame drops as well from time to time on auto settings. Whenever I set any OC between 3.8 - 4.0 I do not experience any drops.

The reason why you experience frame drops in some and not others is because the titles you experience frame drops are titles which require more cpu power.

Intel Core i7 9700F / Cooler Master 212 Evo / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 2666MHz / GA-B365M-DS3H / EVGA 500w PSU

1 hour ago, Brent744 said:

He's referring to your cpu frequency. Your cpu runs at 3.7 with a boost to 4.7, on auto settings there's actually only a couple cores that boost really well. A modest OC might be to OC all cores into 4.2 or 4.4. That way you will have all cores running at the same speed without any drops. I believe this may sort out your problem as well.

I experience frame drops as well from time to time on auto settings. Whenever I set any OC between 3.8 - 4.0 I do not experience any drops.

The reason why you experience frame drops in some and not others is because the titles you experience frame drops are titles which require more cpu power.

Mmm... i've always been afraid of overclocking hardware, i may need some advice. I have a Hyper 212 EVO Cooler, do you think that would be enough for overclocking to 4.2 or 4.4? Seriously i've never done it before i don't wanna mess it up 

You absolutely can overclock to those frequencies and likely even higher with that cooler. You can probably get to 4.2 or 4.4 without having to touch the voltage. Your warranty will only become void if you overclock past the rated turbo speed which is 4.7, but all "K" series chips were engineered and manufactured to be overclocked.

Just boot into the bios (setup) and navigate to the cpu frequencies page. I cannot tell you exactly where to find the freq page because every motherboard has a different menu layout. Increase the cpu frequency until you reach 4.2 or 4.4 (4200mhz or 4400mhz). Then "Exit, Savings current settings". Run Cinebench or Prime95 to ensure stability. If it crashes don't be alarmed, it just means you need to shutdown, boot back into bios and increase the voltage but I don't believe you'll have to with those frequencies.

Let us know how you make out.

Pressing the "Delete" key during boot will get you into the bios.