[very culturally insensitive] is it okay to blame players not standing up against scummy practices?

zassou

relative reading material:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1089350/discussions/0/1634166237652186399/

im not a sports game fan, far from it. i hate organised sports, even esports.

what im interested is NBA 2K20, or sports games of recent years in general. their receptions are almost always mixed to negative, yet the sales figures say otherwise, especially the NBA 2K series. i wonder if there are some connection behind this

WARNING: CULTURALLY INSENSITIVE

im not a nba fan, nor do i know much about basketball. as i grew up, most of the white kids around me play football/soccer, black kids play basketball (and they almost always taller). i had this stupid stereotype that basketball is black people's sport. and that reflects in nba's roster, the majority is black people. (until i find out spaniards are damn good at basketball too)

and later when i got into video games, there was, probably still is, some sort of "tribal pride" thing around my culture.

say you are late to this whole video game biz, all the games either comes from the states or japan.

say you want to make a game that can rival the long-established american and japanese institution, and knowing that you dont have that kind of "game-creating" know-how, nor the audience.

what would you do to sell your game?

some game makers resorted to nationalism, tribal-pride. and it worked.

some would say the game isnt on the same level with american or japanese ones, but its our game, WE should support it. if you don't, you are a traitor.

so what if, you are a black kid who loves basketball, loves watching nba, your hero is kobe obryant, you'll probably ask your parents for some nba 2k games on holidays.

i dont know if it's true, but i noticed a trend that almost none of the black gaming creators on youtube are criticising 2k for their recent pachinko and slot machine drama.

of all the negative comments, most of them dont strike me as sports game players. they play all variety of games, normies, some would say.

for sports games player/creator, especially those are making content of nba2k, i dont see them criticising in the similar manner, other than the usual stuff, like guides and let's plays.

is it true that skin colour/race/culture really plays a role in video game fandom?

so back to my question:

if this is true, that if you are black, if you like nba, you should buy nba 2k20 and stay shut about its scummy practises. because otherwise you're a traitor to your heroes, your culture and your brothers and sisters.

if this is true, is it okay to blame you for condoning such malpractises?

if this is true, can we say 2K games/take two is enslaving black players? (nah this is too far-fetched)

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

realistically speaking, if there're benefits to staying with the group, i guess you're on your own in that thinking.

truthfully speaking, do you really want to have a group define who you are?

that makes sense. though im not a "group define who i am" type of person, i'm stay away from groups.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

inb4. 

I dont think this is a topic that can be discussed maturely on internet.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

-Locked-

This topic can and will only snowball into aggravated discussions on race/politcs.

Something we strongly like to avoid

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P