144hz option not showing up.

Wavn

so i just got this 2060 ( https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2060-gv-n2060wf2oc-6gd-r2/p/N82E16814932157?Item=N82E16814932157 ) and i hooked it up to my monitor ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KO4518I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) with a Display Port to Dvi-d Dual link cable and its not showing me the option in The NVIDIA control pannel to switch to 144hz and i also tried using only HDMI and it still wont let me use 144hz

11 minutes ago, Wavn said:

only HDMI

HDMI 1.4? 

not showing me the option in The NVIDIA control pannel to switch to 144hz 

Latest drivers? Did you DDU? 

5 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

HDMI 1.4? 

Latest drivers? Did you DDU? 

how do i check if its 1.4 or not? and what is DDU? sorry im not too knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff

1 minute ago, Wavn said:

how do i check if its 1.4 or not? 

here is a video of Linus explaining it 

2 minutes ago, Wavn said:

and what is DDU?

DDU- Display Driver Uninstaller Download version, this erases your old drivers so you can install the newest version. 

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Just now, Wavn said:

its prob 1.4 i guess lol

I am guessing not, unless its says on the box. Did you DDU? 

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

I am guessing not, unless its says on the box. Did you DDU? 

not sure what ddu is

edit: oops didnt see ur response about it sorry

I recommend you get a regular displayport 1.4 cable instead of a DVI-D link, sometimes the adaptors have connection problems.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

1 minute ago, williamcll said:

I recommend you get a regular displayport 1.4 cable instead of a DVI-D link, sometimes the adaptors have connection problems.

my gpu only has HDMI and Display port and my monitor has HDMI, DVI, and VGA , I tried using HDMI to HDMI and it wont work so should i try DisplayPort 1.4 to HDMI? and should both ends be a specific version?

my gpu only has HDMI and Display port and my monitor has HDMI, DVI, and VGA , I tried using HDMI to HDMI and it wont work so should i try DisplayPort 1.4 to HDMI? and should both ends be a specific version?

can you give us a screenshot of your nvidia control panel before I make anymore suggestions? your DVI-D dual link should have no problems but it could be a fake cable.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

3 minutes ago, williamcll said:

can you give us a screenshot of your nvidia control panel before I make anymore suggestions? your DVI-D dual link should have no problems but it could be a fake cable.

The Display port to dvi-d ( dual link ) i got it from amazon basics could that be the problem? 

image.png

33 minutes ago, Wavn said:

The Display port to dvi-d ( dual link ) i got it from amazon basics could that be the problem? 

image.png

Press "Customize..." and see if the settings go into 144hz as shown:
gAqS3rf.png

1 minute ago, williamcll said:

Press "Customize..." and see if the settings go into 144hz as shown:
gAqS3rf.png

Wont allow me, it just black screens and says no signal after 5 seconds then goes back to 60hz

3 minutes ago, Wavn said:

Wont allow me, it just black screens and says no signal after 5 seconds then goes back to 60hz

Seems like a cable issue then, have you tried all your available HDMI cables yet?

2 minutes ago, williamcll said:

Seems like a cable issue then, have you tried all your available HDMI cables yet?

Yep just finished trying 3 different ones all the same

Yep just finished trying 3 different ones all the same

Does your monitor come with it's own cable as well? That one should work.

2 minutes ago, williamcll said:

Does your monitor come with it's own cable as well? That one should work.

it only came with a cable to plug into the wall and a DVI-D ( single link ) cable but my GPU doesnt have a port for that 

31 minutes ago, Wavn said:

it only came with a cable to plug into the wall and a DVI-D ( single link ) cable but my GPU doesnt have a port for that 

I'm out of ideas, you might have to get a new HDMI cable, version 2.1 for guaranteed frequency.

13 hours ago, Wavn said:

so i just got this 2060 ( https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2060-gv-n2060wf2oc-6gd-r2/p/N82E16814932157?Item=N82E16814932157 ) and i hooked it up to my monitor ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KO4518I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) with a Display Port to Dvi-d Dual link cable and its not showing me the option in The NVIDIA control pannel to switch to 144hz and i also tried using only HDMI and it still wont let me use 144hz

It's probably your cable not supporting such high refresh rate because your monitor and gpu checks out 

42 minutes ago, Pauleft said:

It's probably your cable not supporting such high refresh rate because your monitor and gpu checks out 

yea we figured it out, id have to buy a cable thats like 80 bucks or something LOL im just gonna sell the monitor and buy one that has a display port 

1 hour ago, Wavn said:

Wow so much money for a cable, i think imma just sell this monitor and get a new one honestly. thanks for the help guys 

The cables are not expensive if you look around it's like 20 bucks