Laptop doesn't boot after Windows update

After updating my laptop to the latest software, my laptop restarted and it keeps taking me to the BIOS, where the boot loops happen. Disable features and enabling some manage to escape the BIOS boot loop, but BSOD greets me in the end :( I tried contacting ASUS regarding the issue and the only solution they gave me is to bring the unit to the nearest service center, where they probably (and most likely) format my HDD for good. Any help? Thank you so much!

Can you create on another system a bootable windows usb drive? Then you could try the repair option and see if it helps

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

38 minutes ago, Earl Talatala said:

After updating my laptop to the latest software, my laptop restarted and it keeps taking me to the BIOS, where the boot loops happen. Disable features and enabling some manage to escape the BIOS boot loop, but BSOD greets me in the end :( I tried contacting ASUS regarding the issue and the only solution they gave me is to bring the unit to the nearest service center, where they probably (and most likely) format my HDD for good. Any help? Thank you so much!

Press F8 when the computer boots and see if you can get into Safe Mode. From there, you can try to uninstall the updates that were applied. You can also open System Restore within Safe Mode and see if you can restore to an earlier restore point. Pending on the type of update, Windows may have automatically created a restore point before the update was applied. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Three possibilities come to mind:

1) UEFI/Legacy mode switched , this will make the OS drive disappear and give an instant BSOD

2) iRST/AHCI switched, this will prevent windows from booting forever, you can work around it in the bios, boot into safe boot once you get it to boot, and then switch it to where it should be, boot into safe boot again an unselect safeboot

3) Drive is borked/drive firmware is borked.

With SSD's when they wear out, they just flat out stop working. Take a picture of the BSOD with a cameraphone so you can get the exact code. If you see something like "BCD" that's probably issue #2, or it the Legacy CSM's were turned off.

Anything else where the OS doesn't get to a point where you can recover it tends to be CPU/RAM failure and you would want to run diagnostics before trying to boot the OS.

3 hours ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

Can you create on another system a bootable windows usb drive? Then you could try the repair option and see if it helps

Problem is I don't have another system in which I can create a bootable USB drive ☹️

3 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Press F8 when the computer boots and see if you can get into Safe Mode. From there, you can try to uninstall the updates that were applied. You can also open System Restore within Safe Mode and see if you can restore to an earlier restore point. Pending on the type of update, Windows may have automatically created a restore point before the update was applied. 

Getting into Safe Mode is the most common answer by all, but I can't do anything besides watching my laptop infinitely boot into just the BIOS, or showing BSOD whenever I try to change the boot priority. Even if I press F8, it just straight bring me to the BIOS and repeat, again...

3 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Edit: pressing F8 while booting up shows a black screen with a blinking cursor...