My PC Powers Up But Nothing Shows On The Monitor And It Randomly Switches off and rebootes,with a weird noise coming from the harddrive?

Cheapassgamer
Go to solution Solved by DemiGod,
Just now, Cheapassgamer said:

The pc doesnt post

Well ram is probably your culprit it's the most common thing that causes pc to not post. 

6 minutes ago, Cheapassgamer said:

Pls help me!

The hard drive, does it make a sound like a repeated clicking, or something else?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

You probably can ignore the hard drive noise, I would check powersupply or motherboard if it reboots. If it just stays black without rebooting I would check gpu/ram. Sure make sure your video cable (hdmi, VGA etc) is connected and your monitor works. After checking that try to reset bios (jumper or battery way) 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

The hard drive, does it make a sound like a repeated clicking, or something else?

Yeah I think So!

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Iam really afraid 

1 minute ago, DemiGod said:

You probably can ignore the hard drive noise, I would check powersupply or motherboard if it reboots. If it just stays black without rebooting I would check gpu/ram. Sure make sure your video cable (hdmi, VGA etc) is connected and your monitor works. After checking that try to reset bios (jumper or battery way) 

The pc doesnt post

If you are that concerned about your hdd just disconnect the sata cable (takes half a minute to do so and see if the pc boots but I highly doubt it's the issue) 

And it has no gpu *(dedicated gpu)

The pc doesnt post

Well ram is probably your culprit it's the most common thing that causes pc to not post. 

The pc doesnt post

Ok, let's start there.

Unplug/disconnect everything *not* required to POST.

This means unplug/disconnect sound cards, NIC, hard drives, DVD-ROMS, etc.

Leave the GPU plugged in, CPU/cooling fan, keyboard, and see what happens when you try to power it up

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

The pc doesnt post

I checked the VGA cable reconnected it but nothing happened.  The pc doesnt show anything on the monitor everything lights up inside it all fans runs and motherboard led also lights up!

I was just playing games on it a while ago. I switched it off and went to eat but then when I came back and switched it on first it turns on but nothing would show up on the monitor then it turns off and again turns on ??

6 minutes ago, DemiGod said:

When I first turn it on it turns on and immediately turns off and turns on again and stays on but nothing shows in monitor 

5 minutes ago, Cheapassgamer said:

Some body help me!!!

Did you try my suggestions?

Have you physically reset the BIOS?

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Will it format the hdd

41 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Ok I removed one ram stick cleaned it and tried to put it into its ram slot. I turned on the pc it posts but all the display is with green color and only one of my ram stick is recognized . What should I do?

3 minutes ago, Cheapassgamer said:

Ok I removed one ram stick cleaned it and tried to put it into its ram slot. I turned on the pc it posts but all the display is with green color and only one of my ram stick is recognized . What should I do?

Ok two of my ram sticks are recognized but still my display is only green color no other color is displayed?

1 hour ago, DemiGod said:

Thanks A Lot Man I Really Appreciate It.  I Cleaned The Dust Of My Ram*(no dust was there ,just removed 1 stick and put it back) voila! It works again ?

17 hours ago, Cheapassgamer said:

Thanks A Lot Man I Really Appreciate It.  I Cleaned The Dust Of My Ram*(no dust was there ,just removed 1 stick and put it back) voila! It works again ?

Np man,  for some reason ram sticks just decide to take little vacations from time to time ?