Youtube Quality changer

benj149
Go to solution Solved by Ringtail Jax,

Not really anything to screen shot as soon as I change the quality the video just goes black

Im using IE

My preferred quality is 1080p and I know my internet handels it cause it worked till a few days ago but it wont let me change it to anything not even to lower ones

There's one of your problems xD, no but in all seriousness try going into the internet options on IE and go to the advanced tab, press the restore your settings button then press the reset button. If that doesn't work, try a different web browser like Chrome or opera :D

Hi,

In the passed few days my youtube has started acting weird. It refuses to let my change the video quality and if I do change it the video crashes.

Is this a comman bug?

Please Help. 

It could be a bug. Post a screen shot and label what the problem is

Also what browser are you using? Chrome Firefox IE

What is your preferred video quality

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Not really anything to screen shot as soon as I change the quality the video just goes black

Im using IE

My preferred quality is 1080p and I know my internet handels it cause it worked till a few days ago but it wont let me change it to anything not even to lower ones

Im using IE

There's one of your problems xD, no but in all seriousness try going into the internet options on IE and go to the advanced tab, press the restore your settings button then press the reset button. If that doesn't work, try a different web browser like Chrome or opera :D

I fix computers and computer accessories... sometimes... when I want to...

try a different web browser like Chrome or opera :D

Seconded ^

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

Seconded ^

lol :D

I fix computers and computer accessories... sometimes... when I want to...

THIS!!!!

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

Seconded ^

thirded

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

thirded

fourthed

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

fourthed

guess what... fifthed 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

guess what... fifthed 

Sixthed. Sixed. Sixth-ed.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

with me on firefox I sometimes have to restart the video after changing the resolution, else it continues at same resolution.

ie is better behaved.

with me on firefox I sometimes have to restart the video after changing the resolution, else it continues at same resolution.

ie is better behaved.

it mostly has to do with youtube being a lil biotch, and not so much your browser. I've had the same problems on IE, firefox and chrome (my main browser)... I got sick of it so I downloaded an extension called smartvideo. It also allows me to buffer the whole video (like in the old days), so I can watch the video even when i'm offline later or so that I don't have to wait. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

well,

after using chrome I can confirm that it was IE's fault.

Thanks for the help as always.