Just uninstalled LGS now want to install G HUB but nothing happens launcing the setup

Turtle Rig

Thank you!

This was driving me crazy, although it is on a Windows 10 machine, still it exhibited the same behavior. Turns out, with the help of this thread, I disabled all the processes running in the system tray. This worked. Something is clearly blocking this installer and it is likely something shared between the installer and possibly many other applications.

Edit: Looking back, if I had to guess, I’d put my money on Acronis real time protection but since  I was tired and brute forced by shutting all those processes off, I won’t know. But to be sure, this is still an issue (double shame on Logitech for 1) Not making it clear that the LGS software is deprecated and 2) Not addressing a serious issue for their flagship software package! They are indicating to me that there are some very serious issues with them as a company...but I digress...)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having this issue but stopping all services in my system tray didn't help... any more ideas? 

I've never used logitech software before, but apparently I need G Hub for NFS:Heat racing wheels.

• 1 month later...

I spent days troubleshooting this, until I eventually came across a crash log in "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_lghub_installer "report.wer" 

My problem was my downloads folder is pointed to a folder on my NAS and it didn't like using a UNC source for installing.

sorry for the necro here but I just wanted to share my fix for a similar issue (would seem to complete a install but nothing would happen), I had my network connection set as a Public network (not a private) from my home.  I changed it to Private Network under Network Status > Change connection properties > Network profile - and set it to Private.

Install worked just fine then after that

• 3 months later...
On 3/18/2020 at 10:38 AM, CoryS said:

I spent days troubleshooting this, until I eventually came across a crash log in "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_lghub_installer "report.wer" 

My problem was my downloads folder is pointed to a folder on my NAS and it didn't like using a UNC source for installing.

Wanted to confirm that this was my issue as well. It worked as soon as I moved it onto internal storage. I did everything I saw online - deleted any folders in ProgramData and AppData, looked for regedit entries, but it was as simple as this as.

• 7 months later...

I had the same issue with G Hub. Downloaded the launcher, clicked the .exe, and nothing but a few flutters of the cursor. Oddly, I was also getting a .dll error from my Creative Cloud software. After trying everything to get G Hub installed and failing, I decided to fix the Creative Cloud issue. Fixing this solved both problems.

The issue was due to missing or corrupt Visual C++ redistributable files.

I followed these instructions and was able to install G Hub without issue.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/vcruntime-error-on-launch.html

I hope this helps someone else. =D

5 hours ago, rZat said:

I had the same issue with G Hub. Downloaded the launcher, clicked the .exe, and nothing but a few flutters of the cursor. Oddly, I was also getting a .dll error from my Creative Cloud software. After trying everything to get G Hub installed and failing, I decided to fix the Creative Cloud issue. Fixing this solved both problems.

Just wanted to say, this fixed mine too!! Thanks dude!!!!

On 2/9/2021 at 11:14 AM, rZat said:

Literally just made an account here to say THANK YOU! I spent hours trying to get this shit to work.

On 2/9/2021 at 9:14 AM, rZat said:

Made an account to say this worked for me, thank you so much! This was a headache lol.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2021 at 12:14 PM, rZat said:

Signed in specifically to say that this was the fix for me. Was trying to launch G-Hub on a brand new PC, fresh install of windows. Everything else was working except for this program. Followed the instructions in the link in the quote, and viola. Works like a charm.

Thanks for sharing this. I was ready to chuck my G915 out the window.

• 7 months later...
On 2/9/2021 at 6:14 PM, rZat said:

Thanks , you are an angel