Ransome email (drive-by scam?)

Hello, I just checked my spam mail and I found one from someone called save yourself (password)

In the email (look at attached files) he is informing me that my computer is infected with his malware RAT (remote administration tool because my browser (google chrome) wasn't update and I visited a website with his iframe. He is prompting me to search drive-by, I did the only hit I get are from antimalware sites that esenssialy tell me to download their software so that they can find the virus. This is why I am posting here, from a different computer threw a different account, different network because I am scared that he might find out. In the email he says that he has footage of me pleasuring myself. Well this is the first red flag because my computer doesn't have a webcamera nor a mic . This doesn't mean much thought beause I doubd he would hand write every email, its propably something automated. This doesn't mean he doesn't have access to my pc. In the mail to prove me that he has hacked me he sends me a password witch is truelly one of my old passwords but it doesn't correspond to my email nor many of my acc. Have you ever heard of this before, that drive-by scam or is it all a bluff. I am thinking that he might just had access t some very old account of mine, found that password and the email, and he is just threatening me by bluffing, or he has complete access to my pc and he just happened to send me that pass even thought he know the others. I just started a deepscan with malwarebytes , my windows have been updated to the last update. What should I do now? I am afraid of changing the passwords of my paypal na dotehr accounts in fear he might do something. he send the mail on 24 and told me I have 2 days to respond with the money in bitcoin, I happened to see it today as I was checking the junk mails.

Thank you for any help

SHIT.jpg

4 minutes ago, Kirkulis said:

What should I do now?

Just delete it and forget about it.

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

3 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

Just delete it and forget about it.

You are that sure that this is just a bluff? But how he knows the password?

Just ignore it, there has been so many hacks and leaks of websites over the years, it isn't very difficult to tie an email to an old password.

Type your email address into this website and see if any of the leaked sites you used that email and the old password on.

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

16 minutes ago, Kirkulis said:

You are that sure that this is just a bluff? But how he knows the password?

He knows absolutely nothing. This exact script has been used many times, mostly against westerners who aren't 'tech savvy' and in turn inject fear into them. All they want is to illegally obtain money whether it be in bitcoins or just ordinary money, my guess is that it's most likely a crime gang from India or Nigeria.  

Edited by LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

29 minutes ago, Catsrules said:

Just ignore it, there has been so many hacks and leaks of websites over the years, it isn't very difficult to tie an email to an old password.

Type your email address into this website and see if any of the leaked sites you used that email and the old password on.

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

i checked my mail and it is listed. i also checked my passwords and the one tha the send me is leaked like 20something times but the newer ones and the one (thats currently for my "leaked") isn't sp i guess i dont even need to change it, even thought i will just in case  

They're just chancers who have brought a list of email addresses and passwords from the dark web and are hoping that some people will bite and pay out.

4 hours ago, Kirkulis said:

Hello, I just checked my spam mail and I found one from someone called save yourself (password)

In the email (look at attached files) he is informing me that my computer is infected with his malware RAT (remote administration tool because my browser (google chrome) wasn't update and I visited a website with his iframe. He is prompting me to search drive-by, I did the only hit I get are from antimalware sites that esenssialy tell me to download their software so that they can find the virus. This is why I am posting here, from a different computer threw a different account, different network because I am scared that he might find out. In the email he says that he has footage of me pleasuring myself. Well this is the first red flag because my computer doesn't have a webcamera nor a mic . This doesn't mean much thought beause I doubd he would hand write every email, its propably something automated. This doesn't mean he doesn't have access to my pc. In the mail to prove me that he has hacked me he sends me a password witch is truelly one of my old passwords but it doesn't correspond to my email nor many of my acc. Have you ever heard of this before, that drive-by scam or is it all a bluff. I am thinking that he might just had access t some very old account of mine, found that password and the email, and he is just threatening me by bluffing, or he has complete access to my pc and he just happened to send me that pass even thought he know the others. I just started a deepscan with malwarebytes , my windows have been updated to the last update. What should I do now? I am afraid of changing the passwords of my paypal na dotehr accounts in fear he might do something. he send the mail on 24 and told me I have 2 days to respond with the money in bitcoin, I happened to see it today as I was checking the junk mails.

Thank you for any help

SHIT.jpg

Make sure that password is changed. These email are from people that are pulling these from pastes like pastebin. Normally when a place it breached someone will dump login credentials in a paste and then people like this use that email and password to send these emails trying to get bitcoins from you.

Just make sure you don't have any accounts using that password and delete the email.